Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spain v England U21

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Blimey, how's that for a turn around, we have mugged them for once.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
To be fair I thought we played ok 2nd half and had quite a lot of possession early on in that half (even though we didn't do a lot with it). Overall though I'd agree that Spain were much the better team, but we never gave up on getting something from the game. Great result for England.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Strange game for all the passing Spain didn't really offer much but would liked to have seen Rodwell start and Sinclair given longer. Walker at right back looked quality and the stand out player I think

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Strange game for all the passing Spain didn't really offer much but would liked to have seen Rodwell start and Sinclair given longer. Walker at right back looked quality and the stand out player I think

100% agree about Kyle Walker

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
I agree Walker was England's standout player but the trouble with him is, he repeatedly gets caught out defensively. He doesn't seem to understand how to narrow the angle for the forward against him or when he should get close and when he should stand off. Fortunately he's got the speed and size to recover. Going forward, he's absolute quality though, a bit like Glen Johnson but more direct.

Was slightly disappointed by how Thiago played for Spain, he drifted out of the game for a long period of the second half, leaving Martinez (who was my MotM) to pretty much control the middle by himself. Sad thing was, England let him.

Another thing, it's all well and good trying to play short passes out from the keeper but **** me, how useless is Fielding's distribution? Was painful watching him try to set up attacks with his passing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here