Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southwick Power Station is on fire

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I know. I live opposite the power station, but the next road up from the coast road.

Ah, now we KNOW what's wrong with you, its the LATENT poisons FROM the old power station AND gasworks which HAS caused your FONT disabilities.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
I'm glad its being called Southwick power station, being born in Southwick it used to piss me off being called Shoreham power station ( a minor detail i know, but it matters) :D

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
BBC South news is saying a " Significant fire " in a building near the power station has affected the A259

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Been on the Babycham again tonight?

two pints of london pride and half a bottle of Rioja ..... hey, its what I do..... any way , want some vCash ?

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
two pints of london pride and half a bottle of Rioja ..... hey, its what I do..... any way , want some vCash ?

You didn't flick your roach out of the car window when you drove past the power station this evening, did you?

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Ah, now we KNOW what's wrong with you, its the LATENT poisons FROM the old power station AND gasworks which HAS caused your FONT disabilities.

Fail!

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
The gas-fired station is built on the site of the B station, and named after nearby Shoreham-by-Sea. It is owned by Scottish Power, being constructed by Alstom and Mott MacDonald, and opened in 2002 costing £150m. It was originally owned by South Coast Power Ltd, a consortium of Scottish Power and SEEBOARD (owned by Central and South West Corporation). In September 2004, Scottish Power bought the other 50% share of the power station for £26m from American Electric Power. The Monarch's Way footpath passes next to the station, and the station backs on to Southwick Beach.
It is a 400 megawatt (MW) CCGT-type power station that runs on natural gas. There is one Alstom gas turbine from which the exhaust gases heat an ABB heat recovery steam generator which drives an ABB steam turbine, in a single-shaft configuration. The chimney is 100m tall, and a local landmark. ... is this the one ??????

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
The Live Travel section of the Argus says that the A259 has been closed because a fire in the Timber Yard near the Power Station. Incidently the 2 previous Power Stations were known as Brighton A and Brighton B.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You didn't flick your roach out of the car window when you drove past the power station this evening, did you?

I'm not some cat who gets off on mary jane and Hendrix you know, don't judge everyone by your own standards

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
f***ing hell it's clearly in Southwick who ever said it wasn't.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
The gas-fired station is built on the site of the B station, and named after nearby Shoreham-by-Sea. It is owned by Scottish Power, being constructed by Alstom and Mott MacDonald, and opened in 2002 costing £150m. It was originally owned by South Coast Power Ltd, a consortium of Scottish Power and SEEBOARD (owned by Central and South West Corporation). In September 2004, Scottish Power bought the other 50% share of the power station for £26m from American Electric Power. The Monarch's Way footpath passes next to the station, and the station backs on to Southwick Beach.
It is a 400 megawatt (MW) CCGT-type power station that runs on natural gas. There is one Alstom gas turbine from which the exhaust gases heat an ABB heat recovery steam generator which drives an ABB steam turbine, in a single-shaft configuration. The chimney is 100m tall, and a local landmark. ... is this the one ??????

No - that's the other one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here