Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southwick/Portslade to Worthing - Travel

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Quick Q. I normally get a lift to and from Worthing every Thursday for football, but can only get a lift back this week. I didn't think much of it, and thought I'd get the train. I've just looked, and it will cost me £3.50 for a one way journey that will take around 10 minutes. I was expecting around £2 as I know returns are £3.60, so what's with this extra 10p for a return bollocks? Are they just deliberately cashing in on people making single journeys, or being kind to those getting a return? £3.50 for a one way journey is pretty steep when you can get unlimited bus travel for £3.60.

Anyone know if there's a bus I can get? I've seen buses going to Worthing but always late at night (10-11pm ish). I'll be leaving around 7. I've checked Brighton Hove Bus and Coach Company, but have a feeling there are other (non-B&H) bus companies that head that way?

I'm not one for bunking trains, especially as theres gates at Worthing station, so will no doubt end up paying the £3.50, but just wondered if there's another way!

Cheers.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It's always been like that, a single can be used any time but the return ticket you talk about is a cheap day return which can't be used before 9am (I think). There is no cheap day single.

I think you can get it slightly cheaper from the Southern website

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here