Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southwick FC

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The Gerry Armstrong incident was a classic - he headbutted a fan. However, I'm pretty sure he did score more than once for the Albion. There was an away match against Northampton where we could only see one end properly because of the stand in the way! A dull game, followed by an very late goal for Northampton. With a prompt equaliser from Armstrong. We chortled all the way home.

Yep. He scored 6 goals for us.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Used to watch Southwick occasionally with Attila and Roy (RIP) Chuter. Remember once going down to Maidstone to see them play in the FA Cup. They got a draw but got stuffed in the replay iirc.

Was thinking about popping along this season once or twice as it literally is about a 10 minute walk from house. Has anyone ever been before? Have found no details anywhere on google about it, just wondering if you have to pay a a couple quid or can you just stroll in for free, this is something like the 14th tier of English football we're talking about after all.

I know nothing about the Sussex county league in general, is it literally Sunday league standard?

vermin! Up the oak!:hilton:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Used to watch Southwick occasionally with Attila and Roy (RIP) Chuter. Remember once going down to Maidstone to see them play in the FA Cup. They got a draw but got stuffed in the replay iirc.

It was the 4th Qualifying Round and went to the third replay back at Southwick. Lost 1-5. Weren't Maidstone a League club at the time. (I know it was a Qualifying Round but weren't they in at this stage for some strange reason?)

My memory was spending almost up to kick-off time in the Romans then being disappointed to be losing and heading back to the pub.

I remember them getting into the first round of the FA cup back in the 70s back and going o see them go down 6 - 0 at Bournemouth. I think they had a better team in those days, but still County League I think
Well I wasn't at that match but well remember it was 5-0! Didn't they have an early goal disallowed? Apparently hundreds made the trip from Sussex despite the Albion having a home tie (Aldershot?) It was 1974-5 and I remember reading the shock 2-1 scoreline v. Hayes in the 4th Qualifying Round. Anyone know how many they pulled in for that one?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I remember them getting into the first round of the FA cup back in the 70s back and going o see them go down 6 - 0 at Bournemouth. I think they had a better team in those days, but still County League I think.

Wasn't that when Brian Powney was the player manager?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here