Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern trains

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Assuming its ice and the complete mare Southern are having tonight. No idea what to do tomorrow now, maybe drive to Brighton ?

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I know for sure that those two trains are going to be packed throughout the day. Seems rather odd that they have cancelled those 12 hours before hand as surely the ice won't disrupt trains from Brighton to the west by the afternoon?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Took a long time to get home tonight - 3 and a half hours from Victoria

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Took a long time to get home tonight - 3 and a half hours from Victoria

Can only assume this peurile display by the trains has merited a mere 5 posts cos most people are still in transit behind multiple broken down trains. Having finally escaped the mildly snowy hell of East Croydon after 2 hours, I changed at Gatwick. Got on a FCC train at around 19:15. The departure board said it was due at Gatwick at 15:42. What a bunch of c unts. And surprise surprise nothing more than what can only be described as a bit of frost between Gatwick and Brighton. Truly pathetic, even by their shamefully low standards :tosser:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
f***ing pathetic. Any excuse to run a reduced service and they will take it.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Can only assume this peurile display by the trains has merited a mere 5 posts cos most people are still in transit behind multiple broken down trains. Having finally escaped the mildly snowy hell of East Croydon after 2 hours, I changed at Gatwick. Got on a FCC train at around 19:15. The departure board said it was due at Gatwick at 15:42. What a bunch of c unts. And surprise surprise nothing more than what can only be described as a bit of frost between Gatwick and Brighton. Truly pathetic, even by their shamefully low standards :tosser:

This. It took me over four hours to get home from work tonight. It normally takes 2 and a half, office to home front door. And I pay over £4K a year for the privilege. Useless.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
To be fair there were some helpful announcements at Victoria advising no South Coast service at all and make alternative arrangements to travel - And How The f*** Else Do You Get To The South Coast

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
To be fair there were some helpful announcements at Victoria advising no South Coast service at all and make alternative arrangements to travel - And How The f*** Else Do You Get To The South Coast

That was really winding me up too. And the constant announcments blaming "adverse weather conditions". What is adverse about snow in winter pray tell? All this 2 weeks after Network Rail said they were all geared up for the winter weather to avoid a repat of the chaos earlier in the year.

Ah well, gonna WFH tomorrow.

When it was really snowy for several days earlier in the year, I found the reduced timetable to be thoroughly reliable. But I'm only a Coastway East customer, who only ventures on to the Brighton mainline on odd occasions.

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
I love how theres no reduce tickets for reduced service... Why make cancellations before the event has happened? ~southernfail!

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton

This. Lots unsuccessfully piled down the coach station, but that has to win the prize for least helpful announcement. The bloke on the tannoy seemed to be getting increasingly stroppy about people on the platforms too. It was carnage at Victoria, and at Gatwick the platform showed a train to Brighton with a train standing there for Littlehampton. Complete mess today.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I have made it home!!...After fighting my way from Charing X to London Bridge there were no trains going anywhere and ever worse, no announcements as to where the trains to Littlehampton were!!

So, I had to give up and go for a couple of pints and and currently looking forward to settling down for the night in my Whitehall office. There are 3 plus points to this though:

1) It is warmer than my flat
2) My office has Sky Sports
3) There will be no travel to work tomorrow!!

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I have made it home!!...After fighting my way from Charing X to London Bridge there were no trains going anywhere and ever worse, no announcements as to where the trains to Littlehampton were!!

So, I had to give up and go for a couple of pints and and currently looking forward to settling down for the night in my Whitehall office. There are 3 plus points to this though:

1) It is warmer than my flat
2) My office has Sky Sports
3) There will be no travel to work tomorrow!!

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

You sleeping at work, I made it home on the 16:17 Vic to Littlehampton that left Victoria at 18:35

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I remember once travelling across Germany in a total blizzard. I was in snow up to my knees just walking to the station. Eventually we arrived the other side of the country although the train announcer did apologise - several times - for being so late. The guard then walked through the train apologising once more for being so late and my friends, meeting me at the other end, were shocked that the train was so late.

We came in a massive four minutes behind the scheduled arrival time. To the Germans, that was appalling; to us, it's not even classed as late. If the government wants to make itself popular it should have a zero tolerance of tardiness and start imposing harsh penalties on train companies that run a dreadful service. Other countries cope with snow OK, there's no reason at all why we shouldn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here