Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail Watch

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Got to go to the office tomorrow as table booked for Xmas meal, bet the service will be trashed :angry::angry::angry:

But I don't blame SR for this as they are struggling as are all operators with this cold snap.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Got to go to the office tomorrow as table booked for Xmas meal, bet the service will be trashed :angry::angry::angry:

But I don't blame SR for this as they are struggling as are all operators with this cold snap.

Remember not to leave the meal early, you must stay in your seat until AFTER the pudding.

Otherwise you may be liable for a penalty charge.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Remember not to leave the meal until AFTER the pudding.

You may be liable for a penalty charge.

Oh my god, I must visit the doctor tomorrow as my sides have split...........

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Fair play to Southern, it least it's managed to get some information about today's services up on its website which was more than First Crapital could do (by 6.10 anyway) - it still has yesterday's information on its site. To reiterate what other people have said during this spell of cold weather - transport companies may not be able to cope with the weather but there's NO excuse for the lack of information.

Mind you, I've also been searching Southern for information as to from what time our Family Railcard is valid and it doesn't see fit to put up that info - that seems pretty shoddy to me.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Fair play to Southern, it least it's managed to get some information about today's services up on its website which was more than First Crapital could do (by 6.10 anyway) - it still has yesterday's information on its site. To reiterate what other people have said during this spell of cold weather - transport companies may not be able to cope with the weather but there's NO excuse for the lack of information.

Mind you, I've also been searching Southern for information as to from what time our Family Railcard is valid and it doesn't see fit to put up that info - that seems pretty shoddy to me.

Must say I have made it to work pretty much on time today, but I was watching the Southern website from 5 when I got up. They specified a "revised timetable" for today, and mentioned the LA to London Vic trains with their revised times, but absolutely no mention of the rush-hour trains, or if any were going to London Bridge. So, I went to the station on pot-luck - and, ok it ran fine, but I had no way of knowing that beforehand. There is no forecast of any snow today, so the return journey wil hopefully be ok, but I won't hold my breath.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
No probs on the 7.33 to Lomdon Bridge today. Even got in ON TIME f*** me.

However the preceding FCC was naturally cancelled and the 7.30 to Victoria delayed by 12 mins due to "adverse weather".

Fawkesy

Apr 11, 2009
i need to get the FCC service from Bedford to Brighton tomorrow to come home for christmas so i hope they sort themselves out!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I purchased a weekly ticket from H Heath to Worthing yesterday for £46.50, I dont need to use it after the 23rd. Can I get a refund for the 24th, 25th and 26th ???

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I purchased a weekly ticket from H Heath to Worthing yesterday for £46.50, I dont need to use it after the 23rd. Can I get a refund for the 24th, 25th and 26th ???

Don't quote me, but not on a weekly I don't think. Use it or lose it, I suspect.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Major cancellations from Worthing to Victoria, anybody know why ?

The only cancellation from Worthing towards London on the site is "17:45 Littlehampton to Haywards Heath due 18:41". THere are qutie a few running with short carriages though and a signalling problem down near Southampton.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm leaving the car at home tomorrow and getting the train from Portslade to HH as its our works do.
I'm pooping it a bit. I just KNOW I'm going to get done over by the trains either on the journey there or coming back. I have accepted it, but I've not yet come to terms with it.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
The only cancellation from Worthing towards London on the site is "17:45 Littlehampton to Haywards Heath due 18:41". THere are qutie a few running with short carriages though and a signalling problem down near Southampton.

Not according to the live departues on the national rail website, its says the 16.36, 17.36 and 18.06 are all cancelled !!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Not according to the live departues on the national rail website, its says the 16.36, 17.36 and 18.06 are all cancelled !!

Ok, conflicts with Southern I think - but there are about 50 amendments to services on there, so I may have missed them.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
UNBELIEVABLE. The 1800 Gatwick Express from Victoria actually arrived in Brighton at the scheduled time of 1910 tonight. First time in about 4 weeks.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
UNBELIEVABLE. The 1800 Gatwick Express from Victoria actually arrived in Brighton at the scheduled time of 1910 tonight. First time in about 4 weeks.

To be fair, they've been pretty good this week, and unless we get any major snow before tomorrow evening, I should have no further troubles til after NY. I have now got in the habit of checking the Southern Website every morning though before I leave home, to see if there's any note of anything happening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here