Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail Watch

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
For all you fellow commuters out there in NSC land.

Current statement on Southern Website...

Monday 20 December
Following discussions with our infrastructure provider Network Rail, we intend to run a normal timetable on Monday 20 December.

However, please be aware that with snow and low temperatures forecast for Monday afternoon and evening, services may be subject to short notice alterations and cancellations.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Saw that Jon, and having just seen the Countryfile forecast for tomorrow, I suspect I won't be going up to town. May not be much first thing, but there should be a heavy fall tomorrow afternoon, so we may get up there but getting back will be (yet another) nightmare.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Latest on their site...

Line_Problem.jpg

Thanks for that. Very useful. :facepalm:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
This was my point in another thread. No EXCUSE for a message like that in this digital age. None at all.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I've sussed it. They mean there's a problem with the line that the message is supposed to be on :thumbsup:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
they currently say they are running a normal service (but with caveat "some short notice alterations and cancellations may occur in places"... slightly redundant, i though that was normal?). better than FCC which have apparntly stoped trains to Sutton and reduced trians to Brighton, both of which are the same lines as Southern. ???

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Might be another long journey home tonight

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
f***ing rediculous isnt it?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
they currently say they are running a normal service (but with caveat "some short notice alterations and cancellations may occur in places"... slightly redundant, i though that was normal?). better than FCC which have apparntly stoped trains to Sutton and reduced trians to Brighton, both of which are the same lines as Southern. ???

They say it's a normal service ..... then go on to list about 50 trains which have been affected, either running short of carriages or cancelled. So, THAT's a normal service.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Took me 40 minutes to get from Hassocks to burgess Hill.

The first train that came didnt stop anywhere between hassocks and Gatwick

D

Deleted User X18H

I thought they did well today 0719 Vic called additionally at East Croydon and 16.23 Est Croydon was on time to the minute home for tea and crumpets. Well done Burchell more of the same tomorrow please.

Last edited:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
For anyone intersted, lots of train changes to tomorrows schedule, as expected - they are being unspecific about changes to peak-time routes, but aay there will be cancellations. They do already specify other changes during the day. Another day of work-at-home if possible my commuter buddies.

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
My commute today (Preston Pk to London Vic) had delays but nowhere near as bad as i thought it'd be.

Not gonna get overexcited though; maybe i got lucky, and experience tells me that luck won't last. Will be keeping an eye on the Southern website - even though its pretty useless...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I have a Southern Rail watch. I paid a hell of a lot of money for it and it is constantly 6 minutes late (at least) and tends to stop fairly regularly without prior warning.

I got the same one! The shop had BIG windows. Must have seen us coming....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here