Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
That will be the problem for many I am sure. Could they have not been more explicit as to where this will happen. There are hundreds of buses parked at The Amex.

It may well be that they don't want to give details as they're not 100% sure where drop off locations will be. Given how many extra buses they're putting on I'm sure it'll be a bit of a squeeze, and the extras will fit in where space is available.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was trying to be helpful by posting information. I won't bother helping you in future.
Sorry not meant to be offensive but it would appear that you are an unpaid PR Officer for the club because you do a good job and probably better than those employed by the club. Would it not have been better to have said the pick up will be where you are dropped off ie on the side of the road, near the P & R for Mithras House or whereever?

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
Cheers for the advice. Seems like making the game will be tight but do able, making it back to Bristol the same evening however seems improbable. Will just have to wait for the Reading game!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I was trying to be helpful by posting information. I won't bother helping you in future.
Please continue to help the rest of us though! Personally I'm extremely grateful that you've taken the trouble to wade through all the myriad sources and pick out and post the salient bits. Thank you.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry not meant to be offensive but it would appear that you are an unpaid PR Officer for the club because you do a good job and probably better than those employed by the club. Would it not have been better to have said the pick up will be where you are dropped off ie on the side of the road, near the P & R for Mithras House or whereever?

I'm retired so I have plenty of time to read all the articles. Also being a woman, I tend to read the details, whereas men read headlines. It's to help fellow fans rather than helping the club, although it does no harm to help the club as well.
I accept your apology.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That's because the club mentioned the trains yesterday.

Brighton & Hove Albion fans are advised that although industrial action has been suspended by Southern railway workers, the club has been advised that no train services will stop at Falmer station after 5pm on Friday.

Southern have also informed the club that Falmer station will close at 5pm on Tuesday 16th, again causing disruption to fans attending the home match with Rotherham United.

The club intends to provide similar contingency plans for this match, and will announce the details in due course.

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...-hove-albion-3239809.aspx#6Ys8LYwmPDD4HkRK.99

Er, yes. That's what I posted just before you........not enough for some people though !

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Which is where on The Amex complex.

I can see thousands using their own way to get there but wandering around looking for the buses to get home.

Which is why they don't want to tell these 1,000's. Quite clearly the shuttle buses are going to be rammed with people using them both ways, I don't want 1,000's extra choosing to use them on the way back after the game as that will completely overload the system and result in most getting stuck at the Amex at 10.45 with no way of getting home.

Why on earth cannot people use the same means of transport to the game home again afterwards why do they need to use two different methods.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Which is why they don't want to tell these 1,000's. Quite clearly the shuttle buses are going to be rammed with people using them both ways, I don't want 1,000's extra choosing to use them on the way back after the game as that will completely overload the system and result in most getting stuck at the Amex at 10.45 with no way of getting home.

Why on earth cannot people use the same means of transport to the game home again afterwards why do they need to use two different methods.

Plenty of reasons. I (and my colleagues) work in Woodingdean and walk to the Amex but have to get back to Newhaven, Brighton and various other places. I expect there are hundreds (thousands?) who work in Brighton/London but will be going back to somewhere completely different.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

Many people come direct from work (in say London) and then go home somewhere else (say Lewes). Hell I work at Falmer but live in town, so I'll be walking over the road to get to the stadium on Friday and getting a bus into town. Two different methods for an entirely reasonable reason.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Gazwag;7545574 Why on earth cannot people use the same means of transport to the game home again afterwards why do they need to use two different methods.[/QUOTE said:
My brother in law is classified as mentally handicapped so I meet him at The Old Steine from the 700 as I have all day to get there but after the game we have to get to my home in Haywards Heath. Tuesday I have to get him to Goring and my wife meets us to take us to his home in Ferring and then we go home to HH.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Plenty of reasons. I (and my colleagues) work in Woodingdean and walk to the Amex but have to get back to Newhaven, Brighton and various other places. I expect there are hundreds (thousands?) who work in Brighton/London but will be going back to somewhere completely different.

i'm hopefully getting a bus from Lewes via a pub, then walk to the ground, back to Brighton after .... not sure how, bus or walk. what's bexhill like?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Well actually I'm one of those people who travel to, and home from, games by different means. As I like a drink in town with friends pre match I'll travel down to central Brighton by bus, then onto the Amex, again by bus later. As there is no public transport home after games, I take the North West Sussex Seagulls coach back to Cowfold.

I am sure there are hundreds, nee thousands of us travelling there and back by differing means.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Which is where on The Amex complex.

I can see thousands using their own way to get there but wandering around looking for the buses to get home.

The problem for the Amex traffic control is that there are over 120 coaches to park plus the Sky tv mob as well as the normal P & R. So finding safe stops for these extra buses is not exactly easy. I would hope that those wanting to board after the match will find stewards directing to the right queue.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The problem for the Amex traffic control is that there are over 120 coaches to park plus the Sky tv mob as well as the normal P & R. So finding safe stops for these extra buses is not exactly easy. I would hope that those wanting to board after the match will find stewards directing to the right queue.
I am thinking of which will be quickest to get to Brighton station on the shuttle bus then 1 from the pier or 25 changing at Lewes Rd garage. Or even the shuttle to Lewes.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Sorry that's me !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here