Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern: Polegate - Lewes Line Restriction/West of Barnham (Possible disruption)

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Does anyone know the effect this is having on the Eastbourne to London trains, on the National Rail website it says expect delays but when doing a route it is not taking any expected delays in to account?

The landslide between Berwick and Glynde is immediately behind Bracknell Towers. Network Rail's contractors have now succeeded in laying a road across the adjacent field to enable them to get heavy equipment on to the site and get the embankment repaired and stabilised.

The embankment has been in place for 170 years. I don't think anyone saw this problem arising.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Does anyone know the effect this is having on the Eastbourne to London trains, on the National Rail website it says expect delays but when doing a route it is not taking any expected delays in to account?

its a couple of minutes, they slow down to a walk ing pace for a few hundred yards then back to normal.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The embankment has been in place for 170 years. I don't think anyone saw this problem arising.

makes one wonder why it has. wasn't there some recent work there, maybe disturbing the embankment?

makes one wonder why it has. wasn't there some recent work there, maybe disturbing the embankment?

There is always level crossing maintenance going on, but the major recent work on this section of the line has been the replacement of the signalling and the associated re-cabling. I can't see any reason why that should have affected the stability of the embankment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here