Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern order more carriages

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
This could possibly help locally - if Southern can return the stock that was nicked off the Seaford line to augment services in London. This would restore four coach trains where we now have three coach trains, without toilets.

Hopefully they'll do similar on the West Coastway as well then.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Sorry, I'm sure your maths is correct on one level, m'lud, but a single railway carriage can NOT cost £1.446 million.

I'm surprised it's ONLY that. I remember when I first started commuting, 23 years ago, that a carriage cost 1/2 mill, and those were the old slam-doors, with no electronics at all.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm surprised it's ONLY that. I remember when I first started commuting, 23 years ago, that a carriage cost 1/2 mill, and those were the old slam-doors, with no electronics at all.

Maybe, but taking a step back, a railway carriage is a box with seats inside and wheels below. No WAY in the real world is that worth a million quid. You can buy a state of the art jetliner for a hundred million quid.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Maybe, but taking a step back, a railway carriage is a box with seats inside and wheels below. No WAY in the real world is that worth a million quid. You can buy a state of the art jetliner for a hundred million quid.

Oh I know it doesn't seem like it, blimey for that money you'd think they be able to make them so they didn't break down all the time, but unfortunately I can beleive it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here