Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

southern £10 daysaver tickets

CoCoa

Dec 18, 2007
this sounds like a good deal for MK Dons, but very limited on actual trains you can get

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
You are very limited but Southern trains go to Milton Keynes or Bletchley with one change at Clapham. we booked our's yesterday for 8 of us to go cost us each £5. bargain, cost more to get busses around town

CoCoa

Dec 18, 2007
You are very limited but Southern trains go to Milton Keynes or Bletchley with one change at Clapham. we booked our's yesterday for 8 of us to go cost us each £5. bargain, cost more to get busses around town

FIVE POUND each, well worth doing then - thanks!

only problem I see is keeping the herd together and getting on the same trains!

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea

in fact it was £5.10 each, as there is one child, who travels for £1 but split between us were not going to squable over 10 pence. Keeping together could be a problem as i think you only get the 1 ticket for the whole group, not sure yet as they havent arrived. but well worth it.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Telling four people to get on the same train can't be that difficult can it. Unless you're taking some mental patients on a field trip to MK to look at the cows :drool:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
in fact it was £5.10 each, as there is one child, who travels for £1 but split between us were not going to squable over 10 pence. Keeping together could be a problem as i think you only get the 1 ticket for the whole group, not sure yet as they havent arrived. but well worth it.

Its 4 for £20 the deal you haveand you should get a ticket each so you would only have to keep 4 people together so it shouldnt be too hard!

And in my experiance most of the guards arent too fussy about it

Alby

Jan 4, 2005
West Sussex
Its 4 for £20 the deal you haveand you should get a ticket each so you would only have to keep 4 people together so it shouldnt be too hard!

And in my experiance most of the guards arent too fussy about it

Used this before on Daysave you only get 1 ticket for the group . Well worth it valid on any southern train for the whole day.

Only 1 train an hour i believe to and from Milton Keynes/Bletchley on which it is valid so return trip could be crowded.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
I might jsut be being tremendously stupid, but could you paste the url in for booking the tickets please, i can't seem to find them!

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
Our group are getting the 10.19 from brighton to clapham, get the 11.38 to milton keynes which arrives there 12.54, just intime for a few more beers in a pub if we can find one

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Do you remember the days when you just bought a ticket from A to B? These days you need a doctorate in operational research to sort a journey and purchase a train ticket. Can I bring my bicycle?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
10:43 from Haywards Heath. Change at Clapham, and go straight to Bletchley.

On the way back, it will be either the 5:17 or 6:17 from Bletchley depending on if we can make it to the station. Change at Clapham, and home by 8pm at the latest:thumbsup:

Jan 30, 2008

On the way back, it will be either the 5:17 or 6:17 from Bletchley depending on if we can make it to the station. Change at Clapham, and home by 8pm at the latest:thumbsup:
anorak alert ???

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I've been advised by a mate who works on the railways that the Southern service is very very unreliable.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I've been advised by a mate who works on the railways that the Southern service is very very unreliable.

Humm well I've never had a problem on any Southern train. There is a 20 minute wait at Clapham I think, so even if there is a slight delay getting there you should be ok getting the connecting train.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Humm well I've never had a problem on any Southern train. There is a 20 minute wait at Clapham I think, so even if there is a slight delay getting there you should be ok getting the connecting train.

I meant the Clapham-MK train specifically. Apparently this particular service is a bit ropey.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I meant the Clapham-MK train specifically. Apparently this particular service is a bit ropey.

It has only been running since January so it's relatively new. I think they had a bit of a disagreement with Virgin over track access rights and what not..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here