Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southend - talksport

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The Echo was full of this on Saturday saying what a load of Rubbish it is...then..surprise...it's all true!

They are still better than us though.

Shit.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Yeah. He didn't ever turn up to training though. Also their club shop and box office is closed on Tuesday for electrical works! LOL, 2moro is their winding up day meeting

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
they just put Anthony Grant on a new contract to 2012, so they're skint, with no players, doing better than us but had the idea of putting their star performer on a new contract so as to either protect their prize asset or command a larger fee....

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Yeah, pretty much, i assume the club just gets a % of what they earn..but put luckily in the case of my mate not losing his job, not his club lol

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Southend could have been wound up tomorrow by the HMRC in a court hearing. Now they have a week to fight off a request by HMRC to be taken into administration. A 10 point deduction is better than the club being expelled from the League if the winding up order was granted.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
I assume that you mean the club shop is an external company, so therefore the club dont even get the full income from merchandise etc.
Sounds pretty dire to me.

Noades did this when he sold palarse to the Tulip computer man,he sold a club but retained
the ground, club shop,stock,equipment including the lawnmowers for the pitch,the copyright to the club emblem (so he was receiving royalties years after on merchandise sales)
basically he sold a bunch of crap players,ownership of a lot of debt and the right to pay him money for ever.
no wonder Tulip computers went bust.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
whilst my family all live there (don't ask), and I have fond memories of Roots Hall so I'd be sad to see them go into admin, it might just keep us up this season the way things are going if they get a 10 point penalty - desperate way of thinking I know but valid nonetheless?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Noades......sold a bunch of crap players,ownership of a lot of debt and the right to pay him money for ever.
no wonder Tulip computers went bust.

Yes, and he also sold us Danny Cullip when he thought he was crocked for good and 'stole' Pinamonte from us - which meant we had to look elsewhere and found Zamora. I never thought I'd be saying this, but I think he deserves a big round of applause if he ever turns up at Withdean.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Yes, and he also sold us Danny Cullip when he thought he was crocked for good and 'stole' Pinamonte from us - which meant we had to look elsewhere and found Zamora. I never thought I'd be saying this, but I think he deserves a big round of applause if he ever turns up at Withdean.

He deserves a round of applause from us because he hates Palarse Fans more than WE do.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A ten point deduction for Southend would get us out of the bottom 4 immediately.
See, TOLD you we'll be alright under Slade. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here