Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southend - talksport

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I've just read the talkSPORT book of the first 10 years, and even through the painful PR of what mavericks they were under Kelvin Mackenzie, flying by the seat of their pants and taking on the nasty BBC over sports rights, it is quite funny.

However, it doesn't sit well with people like Mike Parry (as he frequently is) going on about how footballers should be more professional, shouldn't go out drinking, they're role models etc etc. Talk about double standards.

In the book, it is clear that if Alan Brazil worked for any other company he'd have been sacked several times over. My personal favourite was just walking off the course at the Open and going to bed because he felt a bit tired, when he was supposed to be broadcasting.

And that 'How is Bob' moment was pure gold, as was the youtube footage of him in the nick.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Haven't seen anything else about this....Talksport shite

It is quite widely known they are f***ed financially, but to be folding is a different issue.

They have like 650k tax bill outstanding for ages, and no way of repaying it. They also have FOURTEEN professionals in their squad (including loan players i believe)

Barney in no rush to finalise future From Echo)

SIGN HIM UP! TAKE ADVANTAGE, the guy is class.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It is quite widely known they are f***ed financially, but to be folding is a different issue.

They have like 650k tax bill outstanding for ages, and no way of repaying it. They also have FOURTEEN professionals in their squad (including loan players i believe)

Barney in no rush to finalise future From Echo)

SIGN HIM UP! TAKE ADVANTAGE, the guy is class.

And still they beat us.

Makes you think...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Explain SVP... :shrug:

Brazil weas interviewing Garry Bushell live on air about a Bob Monkhouse tribute night that had taken place the previous evening. After Bushells account of the night, the conversation went something along the lines of:

Brazil: "So how is Bobs health these days ?"
Bushell: "Errr.....well he died Alan. He died last December"
Brazil: (pause) "Oh aye, right yes I knew that, but you know, I'd heard different things. Was it cancer in the end ?"
Bushell: "yes, yes its was"
Brazil: "Right"

:wozza:

The YouTube stuff in the nick was when he was being breathalised for drink-driving. Think he got an 18 month ban.

"I cannae believe this. Look I'm fine. YOU can see I'm fine. I can't understand all this..."

:lolol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Alan Brazil and that Ginger bloke off what used to be Setanta drink in the 3 Lords near where I work. True dat.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
They had better not fold as I am hopefully doing this game corporate

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Only fielded 3 subs at he weekend

sawyer has been sent home for disciplinary reasons, they are struggling with some paper work for a wolves player they have at the moment, barnard is supsended for the next game...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
lets make a bid for Barnard to help them out

We did that before he left Spurs for Southend and he didnt want to know then why should he want to join us now. The only way would be if their manager came to us as part of the deal. He is the one of the top 3 strikers in the division absolute class both with the ball and off of the ball.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
lets make a bid for Barnard to help them out

We did it for Stockport, we should help out Southend in their hour of need. Whilst we're pillaging their squad, let's take a look at McCormack aswell, and that Barratt at the back, he's rather good and left footed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here