Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton's "goal"

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I think as no-one can conclusively confirm that the ball was or wasn't over the line we should give credit to the ref as if in doubt you can't give a goal. Simples!!

Really???? I've seen plenty of refs give goals that they haven't been sure about.

That's why they consult linemen.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Oh yes.

I have pocketed some WINNINGS from my over-confident colleagues and Fraser has been able to return some of the stick he got from his teachers after the DEBACLE at St Marys

No doubt it's the same in C Ford?

:thumbsup:

All good here.

Finn and I are looking forward to football training Saturday morning, to hear how his 3 team-mates and their Dads enjoyed their trip to the Amex.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The only way to find out if it actually crossed the line would be by using 3D technology on the video footage like they did with England's "goal" in the 1966 World Cup.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Thought it was in at the time, all day long and twice on a Sunday...hey ho lol...Ref had a blinder, apart from sending Greer off. How dare he send Greer off for sticking one on someone, that's part of his game.

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
Smash it in the back of the net to prevent arguments - easy!
Also - why do linesmen love to put their flag up for a throw on when the ball has not crossed the line? It happens alot

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm in the East, sat just inside the 6 yard line, and my view was over the lino's head!
I couldn't see the ball, because of the bodies in the way.
My gut reaction was the defender furthest in the goal was the one that cleared the ball, (proven right).

As I asked down the row, towards the goal line, the ball crossing the line became more definite.
That is until it reached the most blinkered fella on the end, who thought a Saints player had just eaten a baby.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
But in his post match interview on Saints Player, Nigel Adkins said the ball was "at least two yards over the line".
He seems like an honest and likeable chap. And was a mere fifty yards away.

Therefore, it must have been a goal.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Does it really balance out the penalty at st mary's? Didn't that first penalty balance out the not giving attempted stripping of lambert by painter, and the second balance out painters body tackle of lambert?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
They happened INSIDE the penalty area though so can't possibly be given as penalties! Now if they were OUTSIDE the box you may have a point...

What? By that logic the goal not standing doesn't balance it out because it wasn't a penalty, it was a goal.

A penalty being given when it shouldn't (x2) is surely cancelled out by a penalty not being given when it should(x2) (and vice versa)?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here