Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The problem is you need to pick up points against Wham and Reading to get in the playoffs which would in turn enhance our auto chances. You also need us to beat Boro. You see if we fail to end up in the top 2, it would likely mean that you dont end up in the playoffs.
We need to pick up points against West Ham and Reading, not to mention Birmingham and in-form Watford too - bu we don't need your help tp do it! Reading beating you is not inconceivable, either, so it could happen. As I stated orignally, I don't think the Southampton - Brighton play-off scenario is very likely............but.............stranger things have happened!

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
We need to pick up points against West Ham and Reading, not to mention Birmingham and in-form Watford too - bu we don't need your help tp do it! Reading beating you is not inconceivable, either, so it could happen. As I stated orignally, I don't think the Southampton - Brighton play-off scenario is very likely............but.............stranger things have happened!

My thought exactly. All I''m saying though is if we do pull away again and end up going up automatically, in the process you could well have picked up points off Wham and Reading and us off Boro.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I would happily see Southampton go up as Champions if it meant us getting a playoff place.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The permutations are there for Saints to finish in 3rd and us in 6th. Believe.

Could be another 50 plus years wait for the Saints to win a Championship (Go Reading - just not Tuesday !) :lolol:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think three clubs are about evens for the top three places. There will be two teams wanting the Albion to win on Tuesday night. And there will be four teams wanting us to lose.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I will love it, LOVE IT, if Southampton drop into the play-offs. Palace, you may be shit, but please do your duty on Tuesday.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Can't believe anyone wants Palace to beat Southampton. Us finishing ahead of Palace is a must, and with our tricky fixtures we need Palace to lose a couple more to be sure.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I will love it, LOVE IT, if Southampton drop into the play-offs. Palace, you may be shit, but please do your duty on Tuesday.

but that could mean us needing to lose on Tuesday and Saturday

if it's all the same I'll pass.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here