Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton will win the League

HoveSaint

Nov 19, 2011
The original poster has lost his marbles.

We played you off the park. The first pen (which was never a pen) aside.

Albion were a mere shadow of the team which won the div last season.

There is no way any Albion can say you were hard done today. (Pen which was never a pen aside).

Our boys were coasting in the second half. Never mind being down to 10 men. Plenty of sides (us included at Reading) step up a gear and go for it when they are down to 10 men.

Sorry OP. Buy some specs and then watch the video. We totally won. Totally.

saint_clark

Jan 1, 2011
Saints will blow up and end up in the playoffs. Soon as the home bubble bursts. wont be long now, they looked average in the 1st half. One loss will subdue the atmosphere a bit, two or three and they will be on the teams back cos they wont be used to it.

West Ham top

an unknown challenger with a late run to finnish second

Saints in the playoffs.

Well, you've gotta hope for something from this season haven't you. ;)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You forget that Hammond was booked for diving in the box when other referees would have given a pen.

Do me a favour, that was a total embarrassment from Hammond even from my vantage point 100 yards away. Frankly I think even Lambert would have been ashamed of that, and that's saying something. Really, really poor from Hammond, and a correct yellow card.

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
and the FA Cup - they supply their own officials !

Just back from match and the Football League want to take a look at Southampton very closely. I have never seen a match where so many players go to the floor looking for a penalty - it is obvious they have been coached in this as a tactic and then surround/berate the officials applying constant pressure for decisions.

Eventually it paid off for them and ruined the prospect of a good evenly matched game.

Also why wasn't Guly Do Prado sent off in the first half after he picked up a booking and then threw himself to the floor in the box appealing for a penalty ? The ref waved play on but bottled giving him a second yellow for simulation?

Sour grapes, best team won.

Chin Strain

Oct 21, 2011
On the bus
Strange that cos I never heard of any team willingly start a game with 10 men.

Game would have probably still been a saints win, but probably 1-0 if not for blatantly inept officials.

The officials were very poor, I'd agree. The first pen was outside, I thought the second pen was a pen at the time (but it looked a bit harsh having seen it on the telly now). However, I couldn't comment last night on the ones up the other end (in front of the BHA fans), but Lambert nearly had his shirt removed just before half time - that should really have been a penalty. The assault on Lambert in the 2nd half, in the box, was one of the worst decisions I've ever seen (along with the first pen). Hammond was rightly booked (I was embarrassed for him)

Peterboro played for an hour with 10 men against us the other week. They were 2 nil down and we eventually won 2-1. They had shape and discipline. Both of these were missing from Brighton's performance with 10 men. We went down to 10 at Reading with 15 to go and a goal down, having been played off the park - we got a draw.

I got the feeling that one goal was always going to be enough though - 0 shots on target, and the only real worry for me came at 1 nil when Richardson sliced the ball into the danger area and Kelvin dropped it. I seriously can't think of another effort on goal bar the ballooned effort over the bar in the first half.

Out of interest, any views on Taricco? Not just the sending off, but his constant whining at the ref. IMHO he did himself no favours by prolonging complaints with the ref in the first half. As soon as he started going at the ref after the pen, you knew what was coming. Sure, he was right to be hard done by, but to give BHA a double whammy by getting a straight red is unforgivable - he's the assistant manager and 38 years old....when is he going to grow up?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here