Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton will win the League

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
and the FA Cup - they supply their own officials !

Just back from match and the Football League want to take a look at Southampton very closely. I have never seen a match where so many players go to the floor looking for a penalty - it is obvious they have been coached in this as a tactic and then surround/berate the officials applying constant pressure for decisions.

Eventually it paid off for them and ruined the prospect of a good evenly matched game.

Also why wasn't Guly Do Prado sent off in the first half after he picked up a booking and then threw himself to the floor in the box appealing for a penalty ? The ref waved play on but bottled giving him a second yellow for simulation?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Sign of a shit performance, blame the officials it's all their fault. Remember Murray last season, going down at every opportunity? Southampton were a class or more above us, we just have to accept they are the better team.

u'vebeenamexed

Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
Sign of a shit performance, blame the officials it's all their fault. Remember Murray last season, going down at every opportunity? Southampton were a class or more above us, we just have to accept they are the better team.

Were you at match ? - we more than matched them in first half - they tried to play our style and couldn't do it. Second half they played to their strengths and scored an excellent first goal however the whole game changed with the pen and sending off. Can you remember a worse performance from ref and linos ? they were clearly pressurised (Man U style) into decisions.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Were you at match ? - we more than matched them in first half - they tried to play our style and couldn't do it. Second half they played to their strengths and scored an excellent first goal however the whole game changed with the pen and sending off. Can you remember a worse performance from ref and linos ? they were clearly pressurised (Man U style) into decisions.

Yes, I was there. First half was fairly even, agreed. they came out, stepped up a gear, got the goal after a couple of minutes, from then on we were never going to get anything. Shots on target=0 for 94 minutes. we were shit, irrespective of the officials.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
and the FA Cup - they supply their own officials !

Just back from match and the Football League want to take a look at Southampton very closely. I have never seen a match where so many players go to the floor looking for a penalty - it is obvious they have been coached in this as a tactic and then surround/berate the officials applying constant pressure for decisions.

Eventually it paid off for them and ruined the prospect of a good evenly matched game.

Also why wasn't Guly Do Prado sent off in the first half after he picked up a booking and then threw himself to the floor in the box appealing for a penalty ? The ref waved play on but bottled giving him a second yellow for simulation?

You utter prick. Your tactics were to kill the game as an exciting contest but you had no plan B. As soon as we scored you were obviously gonna have to change your approach which left the door open.

We had so many penalty appeals in todays game simply because your players were so careless in the box. Any decent player knows to be careful when challenging in the box. I saw the following penalty appeals today.

- 2 x hand balls in the first half. At the opposite end from me so cant comment.
- The first pen. A clumsy challenge and judging by the reaction of most it was probably outside the box.
- Ball came over from right and just as Lambo was about to head in, he was blatantly pushed off the ball. Would have been given if it werent for the previous pen.
- Our second pen. Raced into the box and slightly lost his balance but the defender barged him over making it an easy decision. These are always given.

But what I couldnt believe was how you lost your discipline after our first goal. You had no answer, no plan B and anyone who thinks you werent soundly beaten is for me a complete tool

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Yes, I was there. First half was fairly even, agreed. they came out, stepped up a gear, got the goal after a couple of minutes, from then on we were never going to get anything. Shots on target=0 for 94 minutes. we were shit, irrespective of the officials.

Agreed. We got exactly what we deserved today. Nothing. Am I fed up, YES.
Did I expect a result today - NO
However I did expect a performance & gutso
Gus your tactics once again were poor

u'vebeenamexed

Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea

Sorry don't agree - we went at them after they scored and nearly equalised when Dunk and Harley had close range shots charged down after their keeper fumbled. It could have been an entertaining match that we may have taken something from - however we will never now know as that was taken away from us by an appalling decision that also lead to a dismissal.

2-0 down and down to 10 men became a damage limitation exercise.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Sorry don't agree - we went at them after they scored and nearly equalised when Dunk and Harley had close range shots charged down after their keeper fumbled. It could have been an entertaining match that we may have taken something from - however we will never now know as that was taken away from us by an appalling decision that also lead to a dismissal.

2-0 down and down to 10 men became a damage limitation exercise.

The dismissal was caused by your assistant manager losing all discipline, nothing else.

u'vebeenamexed

Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
That is bullshit and you know it. You were taken apart, you weren't the first team to be twatted at St Marys and you wont be the last. Show a bit of dignity.

Taken apart ? yeah after a penalty was wrongly given and a man dismissed for arguing the toss about it.

In the first half we edged it and as I pointed out Do Prado quite clearly should have been given a second yellow which would have changed the match dramatically in our favour. Officials were appalling and gave in to systematic pressure from Southampton - you got away with it.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Taken apart ? yeah after a penalty was wrongly given and a man dismissed for arguing the toss about it.

In the first half we edged it and as I pointed out Do Prado quite clearly should have been given a second yellow which would have changed the match dramatically in our favour. Officials were appalling and gave in to systematic pressure from Southampton - you got away with it.

Yeah that how weve won all 9 of our home games. Not because we're shit hot.

You forget that Hammond was booked for diving in the box when other referees would have given a pen.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I think it was somewhere in the middle of both arguments. The ref was shit fact. Saints had a stonewall penalty not given when Dunk body checked the big guy (can't remember his name) But the first penalty was never a pen. The second pen was very soft to say the least. But they were easily the better side. Tanno should have calmed down instead of continually popping at the ref throughout the first half. I think they may well win the league, but not because of a ref, but because when you have Lambert and Lallana in the side, you are always gonna have a chance.

Jan 2, 2011

Pick your teddy up you whining tart. You got battered, get over it. You're embarrassing yourself.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think it was somewhere in the middle of both arguments. The ref was shit fact. Saints had a stonewall penalty not given when Dunk body checked the big guy (can't remember his name) But the first penalty was never a pen. The second pen was very soft to say the least. But they were easily the better side. Tanno should have calmed down instead of continually popping at the ref throughout the first half. I think they may well win the league, but not because of a ref, but because when you have Lambert and Lallana in the side, you are always gonna have a chance.

Basically sums it up nicely

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Saints will blow up and end up in the playoffs. Soon as the home bubble bursts. wont be long now, they looked average in the 1st half. One loss will subdue the atmosphere a bit, two or three and they will be on the teams back cos they wont be used to it.

West Ham top

an unknown challenger with a late run to finnish second

Saints in the playoffs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here