Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton Vs Leicester

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Up there with the highest in this division. Let's get over all the antagonism and enjoy the football - both clubs are on the up.
Wise words. I still can't believe people on here are getting indignant over an attendance of 21,000, with a poor away following and their team in a dire run of form. It's still a good 1,000 over our average gate.

Ultimately it's nice to see Portsmouth looking like the ugly step child in south coast football, which by rights is how it should be.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Wise words. I still can't believe people on here are getting indignant over an attendance of 21,000, with a poor away following and their team in a dire run of form. It's still a good 1,000 over our average gate.

Ultimately it's nice to see Portsmouth looking like the ugly step child in south coast football, which by rights is how it should be.

Have to agree with this, constant harping on about other club's attendances is getting very dull. How many detractors realised that last nights game was on Sky ? Of course that will affect the attendance. I also wonder once the novelty of having a new stadium will affect our gates next season ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Could also go top again if Ipswich beat Wham. Big if though.

It was always gonna be a poor attendance. I would have gone if it wasnt on the telly and I've chosen to go to the Cardiff game next Tuesday instead. This is always a poor time for attendances - dont forget a lot of people get paid in mid December then have to wait until the end of Jan. Our average attendance is 25734 which I'm not complaining about.

Can't see it as Ipswich at pants and Jewel is losing it (and no doubt his job soon). As I said earlier the fact that the game was on Sky was bound to affect the attendance so the comments of some are pretty irrelevant.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As I said earlier the fact that the game was on Sky was bound to affect the attendance so the comments of some are pretty irrelevant.

Yet that same fact doesn't seem to affect our home games? Weird innit.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill

and if P***ey go out of business, all results against them are discounted, and were 2 points clear at the top :lolol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Yet that same fact doesn't seem to affect our home games? Weird innit.

It's partly the novelty of having a decent home at last along with the knowledge that we can spend big. I'd be interested in how we fare next season though. And having said all that, 21000 is actually still bigger than most of our games.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's partly the novelty of having a decent home at last along with the knowledge that we can spend big. I'd be interested in how we fare next season though. And having said all that, 21000 is actually still bigger than most of our games.

Fair point, I am confident about the next couple of years though.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Remains to be seen. However there is an air of unbearable smugness amongst some BHA fans because we have had a change of fortunes. People need to remember that Saints, Palace and yes even Pompey have been playing at a higher level for far longer than we have whatever the reasons behind this. This smugness is making us very unpopular with a lot of fans, even Peterborough United Chairman Darragh MacAnthony was Tweeting about this over the weekend. I have always thought that MacAnthony was a bit gobby but to be fair he had a point this time.

MacAnthony has a pop

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Remains to be seen. However there is an air of unbearable smugness amongst some BHA fans because we have had a change of fortunes. People need to remember that Saints, Palace and yes even Pompey have been playing at a higher level for far longer than we have whatever the reasons behind this. This smugness is making us very unpopular with a lot of fans, even Peterborough United Chairman Darragh MacAnthony was Tweeting about this over the weekend. I have always thought that MacAnthony was a bit gobby but to be fair he had a point this time.

MacAnthony has a pop

Confident does NOT equal smug so count me out of that one.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Confident does NOT equal smug so count me out of that one.

Didn't say you were, I stopped being complacent after the Palace game. Now I just hope we murder them next week but frankly I am not at all certain anymore.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill

I'm actually looking forward to your ground being extended. Would be nice to stroll along and buy a ticket on the day. I'm not sure of the process but getting a ticket nowadays seems like a hassle.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill

MacAnthony has a pop

Any chairman who's team has been promoted via the lottery of the play-offs rather than easily the 3 best teams in the league (Bton, Saints & Hudders) should not be allowed to complain about anything. In fact it should be illegal.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Any chairman who's team has been promoted via the lottery of the play-offs rather than easily the 3 best teams in the league (Bton, Saints & Hudders) should not be allowed to complain about anything. In fact it should be illegal.

I have to admit that I tend to agree with you here, I'm not a fan of the play offs either nor on Mr MacAnthony (reckon Fergie Junior will get the boot soon if hings don't improve) but to be fair apart from the fact it gives teams more to play for and brings in decent revenue we did exactly the same to Bristol City not so long ago.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
and if P***ey go out of business, all results against them are discounted, and were 2 points clear at the top :lolol:

We had this discussing last season when plymouth were on the precipice. There is a precedent for every team yet to play them being awarded 3 points instead. My bet is that the League would do whichever causes the least overall change (i.e. if awarding points to those not played means the same teams go down or up and taking points won away means two teams that would have been safe go down and one that would have gone up stays down, they will award the points instead of remove them).

Having said that, I suspect pompey will have another last minute reprieve.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I have to admit that I tend to agree with you here, I'm not a fan of the play offs either nor on Mr MacAnthony (reckon Fergie Junior will get the boot soon if hings don't improve) but to be fair apart from the fact it gives teams more to play for and brings in decent revenue we did exactly the same to Bristol City not so long ago.

Oh yeah I remember that. Enjoyed my day out in Cardiff without the pressure of 'will we win.' You were marginally the better team and probably deserved to win what was a pretty drab game. The semi final was a joke though. How the f*** did you get through that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here