Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton Vs Leicester

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sorry whay exactly are we arguing about now?

I take it you've had a bad day?? :lolol: I actually started my reply with the word "Interesting"and asked a couple of questions, I wasn't arguing about anything!

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
I'd "wager" your wage bill is sky high compared to ours. Jaidi on 20k pw apparently

this is utter rubbish. he's on between £5-10k. Hooiveld and Fonte are our highest paid defenders (Jos got a little bit carried away in 90 degrees and let a few things slip) they are both on £15k p/w. Lambert and Lallana are the highest paid, on £20k p/w. However if we go up, that will rise considerably apparently.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
This is all factually incorrect. Our wage is around 75% of turnover I believe, you have a greater net spend over the last 3 years than us (5th in the league I believe) and we're ahead of you where it matters. We had 5 players out, I wasn't expecting a win, but that was shambolic. BY FAR the worst we've been all season.[/QU

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Newcastle threads and Villa threads are Albion related - relating to this weekends game and a previous Bton Villa encounter. There now appears to be four Saints threads, all of which nothing to do with Albion.

It is of interest to us as we play Leicester in 2 weeks and wanted to see how they're doing and how far below us they are. I was pleased they won because they push Palace down a place but want to beat them when they visit the Amex.

Nice mention for us from the commentator.

Dunk and Greer will have to be on their guard against the high stuff, particularly with the likes of Beckford and Mills, but I'd fancy us if we can get Buckley going and we've got KLL or Noone back.

The is definitely a game for players who can get behind them, beat the offside trap, or shoot from distance. They focus on keeping position and formation and allow opposing players to move with the ball.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
this is utter rubbish. he's on between £5-10k. Hooiveld and Fonte are our highest paid defenders (Jos got a little bit carried away in 90 degrees and let a few things slip) they are both on £15k p/w. Lambert and Lallana are the highest paid, on £20k p/w. However if we go up, that will rise considerably apparently.

Fox is on £15k too. I have good sources.

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011
But seriously guys, 7 pages. Dear me. Is our plight that important to you? Saints fans really couldnt care how you get on.

Very true that !!

Mind you............looking at your attendance tonight your fans aren't that interested in their own plight !!

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
To be fair, their attendance was 21,000 last night. The nature of bowl stadiums is that they look quite empty when not packed out....

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Im not digging at the stains here, but I see them and the hammers as the 2 strongest side in the league and as they have been top for so long, just imagined that they had won more and had more points, but they have only one 3 more games than us and only 9 points clear, i thought it was about 18, the form they are on and the form we are on, albeit not playing well, we could be above them come the Millwall love in fixture.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Im not digging at the stains here, but I see them and the hammers as the 2 strongest side in the league and as they have been top for so long, just imagined that they had won more and had more points, but they have only one 3 more games than us and only 9 points clear, i thought it was about 18, the form they are on and the form we are on, albeit not playing well, we could be above them come the Millwall love in fixture.

They play Cardiff on Tuesday, so could be knocked down into 3rd place.

Followed by big games against Birmingham and West Ham ( and Burnley )

Last edited:

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
They play Cardiff on Tuesday, so could be knocked down into 3rd place.

Followed by big games against Birmingham and West Ham ( and Burnley )

Could also go top again if Ipswich beat Wham. Big if though.

It was always gonna be a poor attendance. I would have gone if it wasnt on the telly and I've chosen to go to the Cardiff game next Tuesday instead. This is always a poor time for attendances - dont forget a lot of people get paid in mid December then have to wait until the end of Jan. Our average attendance is 25734 which I'm not complaining about.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Could also go top again if Ipswich beat Wham. Big if though.

It was always gonna be a poor attendance. I would have gone if it wasnt on the telly and I've chosen to go to the Cardiff game next Tuesday instead. This is always a poor time for attendances - dont forget a lot of people get paid in mid December then have to wait until the end of Jan. Our average attendance is 25734 which I'm not complaining about.

Up there with the highest in this division. Let's get over all the antagonism and enjoy the football - both clubs are on the up.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Leicester just about beat us when we were in the middle of our dry spell. However, much as it made me smile it only shows again that any team can beat any other team at any time in this division. Apart from hammering Saints we also beat Cardiff at their place, would we be able to repeat this feat ? How we fare against Newcastle will be a fair assessment on how far we have come. There's not much doubt that the Championship is a bit of a lottery and it will go all the way to the wire.

Still, will enjoy Asskins' excuses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here