Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Southampton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Southampton should have an eye on relegating B’Muff rather than worrying about us tonight. Hopefully they rest Ings.

I’m sure their supporters would love to see them slit the throat of Plucky.

Problem is , Saints feel nothing towards Bournemouth. They prob dislike us more

Bournemouth are desperate to be relevant and have someone hate them.

I dislike them but in much the same way I do Reading. Very hard to take either of them seriously

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Found some shrapnel and a £1 free bet in my Coral account, so I have done £2.38 on Lamptey to score first and Albion to win 2-0, returns the best part of £700 :moo:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Having just skimmed through this thread I think we need a Thursdat night beverage discussion.

Should be halfway through a south coast pub crawl right now. Missing the Royal Oak at Langstone especially.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Problem is , Saints feel nothing towards Bournemouth. They prob dislike us more

Bournemouth are desperate to be relevant and have someone hate them.

I dislike them but in much the same way I do Reading. Very hard to take either of them seriously

Admittedly it’s only from the two Saints fans I know, but both have said how much they would love to be the team to send them down. Not because there’s an actual rivalry though, just because they’re an irritation. When they beat them at St Mary’s earlier this season they apparently celebrated as if they’d won the Champions League so they’re after a bit of sweet revenge for that.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
PA-547066-3.jpg

Some motivational tips from Freddie Goodwin, might be what the players need tonight :shrug:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I have no idea what the mood is in camp, it's difficult to work out the way we've played of late, but i fancy (for whatever absurd reason) that after Bournemouth last night everyone is a bit more relaxed. Mathematically possible to go down, obviously, but its not happening in a thousand seasons.
So, I hope they go out tonight and show a bit more than they have been. We're a good team when we attack, when we are bold and aggressive and can definitely compete and get points out of each of the remaining three games. I just hope we let the shackles off a little, play with freedom, a bit more gusto, show a bit more urgency. If we do that we could end the season really well.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
No silly mistakes tonight lads, a point will be decent against a really good Southampton side..:albion2:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is today the day we threaten to get a shot or header on target from a corner maybe? Recently our corners have been RUBBISH but ones against us are generally a worry!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Is today the day we threaten to get a shot or header on target from a corner maybe? Recently our corners have been RUBBISH but ones against us are generally a worry!

Created more or equal attempts from corners against all sides except City so far after restart, not sure what people are expecting really. A goal would be nice though.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

I agree , our organisation at corners is very poor, I think city must of won nearly all their corners , and I don’t think we won hardly any of our corners ,

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Given our "whirlwind" starts of late, Soton HT / Soton FT @ 11/4 looks quite generous. Worth including in an acca,

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Created more or equal attempts from corners against all sides except City so far after restart, not sure what people are expecting really. A goal would be nice though.

I recall us being bloody useless from corners so remind me of the attempts on goal we had from them in the last four games please

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I recall us being bloody useless from corners so remind me of the attempts on goal we had from them in the last four games please

It's not about attempts on goal. It's about how many attempts on goal we might have had if the game was played 100 times, it's the new stat xAttempts. Our xAttempts from corners are brilliant!

:angry::rant::jester:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's not about attempts on goal. It's about how many attempts on goal we might have had if the game was played 100 times, it's the new stat xAttempts. Our xAttempts from corners are brilliant!

:angry::rant::jester:

I totally ignore that shit and just take in what my eyes tell me :smile:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I totally ignore that shit and just take in what my eyes tell me :smile:

Pfft. You're so old fashioned. Get with the programme, gramps. It's all about xStats these days. What happens on the pitch is nowhere near as relevant has what could have happened.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

On goal? None. Not questioning the lacking efficency of the players but I would rather say that the finishing (in general) is poor, not the corners.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
On goal? None. Not questioning the lacking efficency of the players but I would rather say that the finishing (in general) is poor, not the corners.

With our height the lack of efforts on target from corners is shitehouse. It’s the one scenario where there is no excuse imo

Watch us score from one or more tonight :smile:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Found some shrapnel and a £1 free bet in my Coral account, so I have done £2.38 on Lamptey to score first and Albion to win 2-0, returns the best part of £700 :moo:

My guess is that will return £0.
These bets are what keep bookies in business.

quite liked the look of another poster's bet though.

Brighton to win 2-1
McAllister to score last.

I'll leave it alone, but I will be very happy if that comes in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here