Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton promoted then.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
As I have pointed out, he has not been banned by one mod, but a series of infractions have led to a ban. We only post red cards in the moderating decisions area, not Lewis Dunk style serial yellows.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
[MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] I don't know if you can answer this but if one receives a a ban through a series of infractions or Lewis Dunks, how long is said ban?

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
As things stand, the team they have at the moment will struggle. Lambert has been effective in this Division, but I suspect he will get found out big time in The Premier League. Billy Sharp? Again, good at this level but can he make the step up? I'm struggling to think of anyone in their current team who is genuine Premier League class? The smarter & experienced Managers of The Premier league will do their homework on them & they'll be found out.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
We'll leapfrog them next year.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
now people can forget about our silly made up rivalry.

Why is it a silly, made-up rivalry? Some of us still remember 1978. I've always hated them as much as Palace (partially because of the ridiculously disproportionate amount of fawning regional TV coverage). And Adkins is a grade one p***k.

You have to say they deserve to go up, but I was pleased they once again missed out on winning the title. Always the bridesmaids...

I think they will find it hard next year and would LOVE to see them come straight back down.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Why is it a silly, made-up rivalry? Some of us still remember 1978. I've always hated them as much as Palace (partially because of the ridiculously disproportionate amount of fawning regional TV coverage). And Adkins is a grade one p***k.

You have to say they deserve to go up, but I was pleased they once again missed out on winning the title. Always the bridesmaids...

I think they will find it hard next year and would LOVE to see them come straight back down.

Seriously? We didnt even play them for 20 years. They took on the leyton orient role of clown rivalry for a couple of years but I cant understand who would give a real shit. Let me tell you what matters PALACE. The end

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Seriously? We didnt even play them for 20 years. They took on the leyton orient role of clown rivalry for a couple of years but I cant understand who would give a real shit. Let me tell you what matters PALACE. The end

This.

Also, to be fair to the Stains, their academy has actually produced, Le Tiss, Shearer, Bale, Oxlade Chamberlain, Walcott in today's market would be worth £150 million plus.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Yep 2nd again despite being a better team than the first placed team with a better goal difference

It is amusing that finishing 2nd bothers you so much...and a little odd that you think goal difference should be the deciding factor rather than, you know, points maybe?

Incidently, from mid October to the end of the season (so 6 months or so of an 8 month season) Reading picked up 68 points to Southamptons 49.

But no, better goal difference, clearly the better team.

ps. Well done, btw.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This.

Also, to be fair to the Stains, their academy has actually produced, Le Tiss, Shearer, Bale, Oxlade Chamberlain, Walcott in today's market would be worth £150 million plus.

But surely Zahahaha is worth more than all them?

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I don't consider Saints to be our rivals, they were last year but only in the sense that we were competing for the same title. I have a grudging respect for the club (I mean, I don't have it in me to properly hate a club which gave me the pleasure of watching Le Tissier on MotD over the years, whatever may have happened in 78, a year before I was born).

We could do a lot worse than emulate their youth set-up, too. Ok, they're not afraid to spend a bit of money when they want to, but they're a club which generally produces their own (very good) players.

So, it's a genuine "well done" from me, they've totally earned their promotion this season and hopefully we can meet again before too long.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
I agree, it is a 'well done' to SCC2nd.
But I'm sure it must grate with Adkins that he never quite made it in both seasons. Just lacking that final piece of real quality. Still, I can't wait for his after match interviews next season. There should be some gems.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Well done to them , lets be honest here they are on a roll and they fully deserve to get promotion !

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
Yeah congrats to the Saints they have deserved it. The only fly in the ointment for them is Adkins, he's arrogance knows no bounds. The scenes at St Marys were pretty impressive, but imagine the scenes at the Amex in front of a 30K crowd with the awesome West Stand as the backdrop as the Albion get promotion to the Prem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here