Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton/Huddersfield are the level for next season

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
You have to beat all kinds of teams to win the league and we did that, saints and udders didn't FACT! Even the commentators on sky reckon we'll be better off next season as in the championship you have more time once you get in and around the oppositions box!

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
Yes we play league 1 football coz thats what league were in. I was listening to the game on the radio on Saturday and couldnt believe how many chances we were getting. It was ridiculous.

You can go on about Chaplow, Hammond etc being shit but trust me, we'll invest in the summer and anyone not up to the cut will be out the door.

Obviously not getting complacement as were not yet up, but we have far more chance of doing a Norwich next season than you do.

Why are you still here? You go on about how we all 'obsess' about you, yet you still come here spouting shit no one cares about? No one on here on this thread has said a bad word about saints and you still post absolute crap. Don't get why you just support your own team on your own forum? Sad bastard.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I think SCC will do pretty well next year with or without Adkins. Lambert, Lallana, Chamberlain, Fonte, Davis, etc are all easily Championship quality. I even thought Hammond played pretty well on Sat. I don't like the SCC brand of hoof-ball (which they don't need to play as they have enough class to keep the ball on the deck), but it will continue to be effective - albeit I'm sure Adkins knows he'll have to change the style somewhat.

They have huge resources and it would be very surprising if they are not pushing for a play-off place. If we can match them I think I'd be very happy.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Do Stoke play league one football ?

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Why are you still here? You go on about how we all 'obsess' about you, yet you still come here spouting shit no one cares about? No one on here on this thread has said a bad word about saints and you still post absolute crap. Don't get why you just support your own team on your own forum? Sad bastard.

Post 16 on this thread did and thats what I responded to.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The style wont change, sure they will push further up the pitch to stop us knocking it around at the back.

We will just get better players in who can still do it...well i hope anyway

I think certainly the game at Stoke showed how a very good side with quick players can rip our game apart ( in fact the first team to do this was Yeoville at home who pushed up constantly and frustrated our "tippy tappy across the back" game)

I agree that new players are required in teh Championship and it will be interesting to see what sort of team Gus puts out for the first game. I think it may be quite a different one to the one that finishes this season

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Gus Poyet tonight warned that Albion can expect the majority of their Championship opponents to be as good as and better than Huddersfield and Southampton have been in the last two matches at Withdean.

Despite Albion bossing possession, Huddersfield won an entertaining contest 3-2 to keep the pressure on second-place Southampton, and Poyet told seagulls.co.uk, "Next year is going to be like that a lot more often.

Looks like the boss agrees!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
You can't read anything into these final 4 games. Southampton and Huddersfield have both been lucky to play us when we are in ' cruise control '....When we met them in the Autumn, we had also gone off the boil, but save for two missed penalties would have taken more points off them.
Norwich are the benchmark....95 points last season...and with a little bit of tinkering are challenging for the Premiership. Thats where we are.
Onward and Upward.

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
You can't read anything into these final 4 games. Southampton and Huddersfield have both been lucky to play us when we are in ' cruise control '....When we met them in the Autumn, we had also gone off the boil, but save for two missed penalties would have taken more points off them.
Norwich are the benchmark....95 points last season...and with a little bit of tinkering are challenging for the Premiership. Thats where we are.
Onward and Upward.

I'd consider Scunthorpe and keep them in the back of your mind as a note of caution.

As much as I can't argue that Norwich went through the CCC like a knife through hot butter, Scunny have consistently been good enough to get out of league 1 but exist as perennial trap door dancers in the CCC. There IS a distinct gulf in quality between the two divisions.

As one who has seen a lot of football in both and whose team made the step up as runaway champions not so very long ago i'd say you've gotta bulk up a bit and swallow the gamesmanship manual. Every team seemed bigger, stronger, faster and more adept at playing the referee - it was men against boys for a while.

It wasn't until we signed Barry Hayles that we had a striker who, let's be honest, 'cheated' just as well as the other teams were doing to us and put himself about in the box. You need an experienced CCC warhorse to lead the line i'd say, you need your Barry Hayles!/

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
I'd consider Scunthorpe and keep them in the back of your mind as a note of caution.

As much as I can't argue that Norwich went through the CCC like a knife through hot butter, Scunny have consistently been good enough to get out of league 1 but exist as perennial trap door dancers in the CCC. There IS a distinct gulf in quality between the two divisions.

As one who has seen a lot of football in both and whose team made the step up as runaway champions not so very long ago i'd say you've gotta bulk up a bit and swallow the gamesmanship manual. Every team seemed bigger, stronger, faster and more adept at playing the referee - it was men against boys for a while.

It wasn't until we signed Barry Hayles that we had a striker who, let's be honest, 'cheated' just as well as the other teams were doing to us and put himself about in the box. You need an experienced CCC warhorse to lead the line i'd say, you need your Barry Hayles!/

Nice to hear a bit of common sense

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here