Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton get billly sharp

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Actually I have and please don't tell me you don't pump the ball long for Lambert, because when he doesn't play you don't have a scooby, no one to hoof it too, look at the stats they don't lye.

We won two games without him, scoring 5 goals. We don't play long ball, I can't remember where the stat is, but just before christmas only Barca had more complete passes than us in Europe.

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
How will he fit in to your style of play, hoofing it up to long ball Lambert? or perhaps he will only play when long ball is injured or decideds to kick someone when there on the ground and he gets sent off.
Saints are not hoof ball merchants. By implying otherwise you are just publicising your own ignorance. Check any stas references for passes completed.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
He went to Saints because of his previous with Adkins, Crosby et al at Scunthorpe. Other than Sparrow I reckon that now exhausts the ex Scunthorpe players who are any good that Adkins can go for based on the good old days. Begs the question that if they do get promoted (and I hope they do, got a bet riding on it) who on earth are they going to buy in then!!?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Good player and will improve their team. Connolly is no longer prolific and with Lambert he will be a real handful. Good use of the Swiss Nazi gold money IMO.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Good bit of business for getting a team promoted, is he good enough for the Premier ? Saints better hope they go up as they must have a huge wage bill by now.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Trying to get my head round this.....Lambert, Sharp, Do Prado, Connolly, Barnard, Lee and Puncheon.
That's a hell of a lot of front-line strikers to keep happy. If Adkins starts with two, then only another two ( maximum ) will make the bench.
Surely one of these is going out on loan today?

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
What's with the sharp wankathon? He can put the ball in the net but he's injury prone and has only done well at small clubs. Will he be able to cope with not being the main man, in this case playing 2nd fiddle to fat ricky.

you admit were a big club?

cheers :)

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Good bit of business for getting a team promoted, is he good enough for the Premier ? Saints better hope they go up as they must have a huge wage bill by now.

Maybe but we got 15m for AOX and have only spent a fraction of it on players. The rest will surely cover any wages over flow. And dont forget we have the fund put in before Lieberr popped his blessed clogs.

That's why it wont be the end of the world if we dont go up. We'll be a strong force next season to go up.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Trying to get my head round this.....Lambert, Sharp, Do Prado, Connolly, Barnard, Lee and Puncheon.
That's a hell of a lot of front-line strikers to keep happy. If Adkins starts with two, then only another two ( maximum ) will make the bench.
Surely one of these is going out on loan today?

Do Prado regularly plays in midfield, Connolly is old and shit, Barnard is injured and going to jail, and Puncheon is training with the youth team, and is a winger anyway. They DEFINITELY needed a second decent striker. Good signing.

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
Very pleased to have Sharp, but what is with all this negativity with CMS? Fantastic player, never gives up a lost cause, perpetual motion. I cannot believe that there is negativity about him on this thread. Alright, I haven't seen him much this season. but he is defo one of those players you don't want to see on the team sheet (from an opposition point of view).

Careful, you can't come on here and start talking sense, you might get banned

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Do Prado regularly plays in midfield, Connolly is old and shit, Barnard is injured and going to jail, and Puncheon is training with the youth team, and is a winger anyway. They DEFINITELY needed a second decent striker. Good signing.

This. Guly is our Right Midfielder, he has just filled in up top. Connolly had a good start but since he got injured has been gash. Barnard isn't good enough to get into the team, coming back from injury and will probably go out on loan. Puncheon is back with the first team but as you say plays midfield, was outstanding against Cardiff.

we will have Lambert and Sharp as our first choice followed by Lee and Do Prado/Connolly.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
It evens out over a season - so let's see if they sustain, or the stains get sussed

This, we should have had 3 penalties against cardiff, horrific refereeing decisions! Also their goal was obstruction on the keeper, you can stand in front of the keeper but you can't move to block his path which is what the Cardiff player did. Can see us getting a result at Brum, about time we got some luck in 2012.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
This, we should have had 3 penalties against cardiff, horrific refereeing decisions! Also their goal was obstruction on the keeper, you can stand in front of the keeper but you can't move to block his path which is what the Cardiff player did. Can see us getting a result at Brum, about time we got some luck in 2012.

Brum are on fire at present, if you win there you deserve to go up

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Brum are on fire at present, if you win there you deserve to go up

It's the kind of thing we've always done, even when we were in the prem. Beat the big teams and lose against the shit. Brum will be nailed on favorites, but i'll be sticking £20 on a Saints win, 3-2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here