Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton get billly sharp

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
He's on a lot less than £25K p/w. Leicester offered £28k and he is on substantially less than that. He hasn't moved for the money, he has moved because of his relationship with our coaching team.

Confused. What has Charlie Oatway got to do with this ?

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
I'm currently tucking into a huge slice of glory pie.

How will he fit in to your style of play, hoofing it up to long ball Lambert? or perhaps he will only play when long ball is injured or decideds to kick someone when there on the ground and he gets sent off.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
How will he fit in to your style of play, hoofing it up to long ball Lambert? or perhaps he will only play when long ball is injured or decideds to kick someone when there on the ground and he gets sent off.

Clearly you haven't seen us play since 2010. He's just the player we need considering the amount of chances we create but don't convert.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Didn't I see somewhere that he'd turned you down in the summer? Thought/assumed that was because he had issues with Adkins (reasonable enough assumption!).

What was the reason for the rejection previously?

No, he was loyal to O'Driscoll, who obviously is not in charge anymore. As soon as he left, Sharp did not have as great an affinity with the club.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Lets face it hes on 20k a week easy. Donny offered 15.

Have to say tho hes a cracking player, in my opinion the best forward I have seen at the Amex this season and will make a great partner for Lambert

Thats Sainsts up in my opinion.

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Clearly you haven't seen us play since 2010. He's just the player we need considering the amount of chances we create but don't convert.

Actually I have and please don't tell me you don't pump the ball long for Lambert, because when he doesn't play you don't have a scooby, no one to hoof it too, look at the stats they don't lye.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Lets face it hes on 20k a week easy. Donny offered 15.

Have to say tho hes a cracking player, in my opinion the best forward I have seen at the Amex this season and will make a great partner for Lambert

Thats Sainsts up in my opinion.

this

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
Very pleased to have Sharp, but what is with all this negativity with CMS? Fantastic player, never gives up a lost cause, perpetual motion. I cannot believe that there is negativity about him on this thread. Alright, I haven't seen him much this season. but he is defo one of those players you don't want to see on the team sheet (from an opposition point of view).

On another note, why did Sharp turn us down in the Summer? Well his missus was pregnant and they didn't want to up sticks at that moment in time. Since then James Beattie has been in his ear about what I good move it would be, and it has helped sway him.

By the way - Sam Vokes? Big Saints fans - will you lot be giving him grief? :)

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
Saints keep looking for forwards but looking back on there performances lately it's defenders they need .
How do you know that they haven't been trying to sign (or loan) defenders also? They just tried to get Danny Collins from Stoke but he couldn't agree terms and went to big bucks Leicester instead.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Very pleased to have Sharp, but what is with all this negativity with CMS? Fantastic player, never gives up a lost cause, perpetual motion. I cannot believe that there is negativity about him on this thread. Alright, I haven't seen him much this season. but he is defo one of those players you don't want to see on the team sheet (from an opposition point of view). )

Because a vocal minority are retarded and can't see the bigger picture, only some goals scored stats.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Both CMS & Sharp are good players, yes we paid a little more for CMS but there were few clubs in for him, so what!
The football transfer market doesnt make sense, £35 million for Andy Carroll says it all

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here