Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton fan thinks we should be investigated for losing against West Ham....

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Most of us Saints fans are laughing off that thread as a complete joke. After seeing Wham's second half performance against Brum, that scoreline was always on the cards.

That said, I'm sure the few less intelligent of you will be claiming it was down to the Albion if we fail to go up on goal difference.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
That said, I'm sure the few less intelligent of you will be claiming it was down to the Albion if we fail to go up on goal difference.

Erm, surely letting in 6 has had some effect on the goal difference.

Enjoy the short drive to Peterborough by the way :thumbsup:

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Erm, surely letting in 6 has had some effect on the goal difference.

Enjoy the short drive to Peterborough by the way :thumbsup:

My point is if we fail to go up, any team thats taken points off us could claim they're the reason we didnt go up.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
It's funny when we're SO bad that people get suspicious.
They only have to look at our starting line-up to find an explanation.

Crikey, don't mention Gus's selection techniques, you will get banned for questioning the party line,.... (now retiring to a safe distance)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
My point is if we fail to go up, any team thats taken points off us could claim they're the reason we didnt go up.

Yes. And we'd be one of them.

Besides. We all know you'll go up. Nigel knows better than most exactly what it takes to finish second.

Stop getting twitchy, funny though it undoubtedly is.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Besides. You have a piss easy game tonight against a Posh side who weren't that far from the relegation battle and who are now mentally in the same place we were when we played you at Withdean last season. You'll hammer them.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Most of us Saints fans are laughing off that thread as a complete joke. After seeing Wham's second half performance against Brum, that scoreline was always on the cards.

To be fair though rebneb, I like many others on here had to sit through that shower of shite, and be thankful as a Southampton fan, because believe me it could have been double figures without any change in how the game went.

They hit the bar within the first few seconds, Brezovan pulled a world class save at 1-0 after his Sunday league error, and it felt as if there was a seasons full of goalmouth action in the Brighton box even before WHU got there second after 6 minutes.

The only positive I took from that game, was the record books weren't rewritten.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Yes. And we'd be one of them.

Besides. We all know you'll go up. Nigel knows better than most exactly what it takes to finish second.

Stop getting twitchy, funny though it undoubtedly is.

Twitchy? Were in a different decade mate. Redknapp is no longer our manager.

Seriously though, all season long I havent been desparate for promotion. Dont get me wrong, it'll be great to be back in the Prem but next season would be great season for us in the NPC. I think we would invest further and I would go along to SMS each game knowing there was a strong chance of victory.

That said, having lead for so long it would be a bitter pill to blow it now.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Just seen this on kumb made me laugh

Yes fair play to the fella he did take the banter well, you could clearly see him chuckling away as he was doing his warm ups and was responding to the crowd in a humorous way as well.
For those that wasn't there when he was warming up the crowd were singing "your not playing cause your s***" which he laughed at and gave a cheeky clap back, then the crowd asked if he took it in a certain part of the body, he laughed at that then slyly wagged his finger to say no. Then the crowd started singing sign him up, sign him up sign him up. He laughed at that then went back to the bench with a smile on his face

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
Can't stand Saints fans, much prefer you lot, but to be fair at least their arrogant fans that predicted promotion are going to be right, unlike you lot, they were runners up to you so what happened guys ?

Can't stand Saints fans, much prefer you lot, but to be fair at least their arrogant fans that predicted promotion are going to be right, unlike you lot, they were runners up to you so what happened guys ?

Show me one thread that isn't a bit tongue in cheek about promotion.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
This wasn't supposed to a thread for us to argue on, it's supposed to be a thread to mock that Southampton fan!
Every single thread on NSC has to contain bickering / squabbling / fighting of some description. It's an unwritten rule :)

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
I think this poster sums up the absurdity of the situation quite nicely

Right. Think I've got. So Brighton threw the game against West Ham because they know they are not good enough to win the play-off's and would gain more satisfaction in seeing us miss out on auto promotion.

Yet Brighton ARE good enough to beat us should they ever meet us in the play off's but wouldn't stand a chance against anyone else in the final as they are not good enough for that.

But they are not so bad as to lose 6-0 to West Ham away as they are too good for that.

Oct 25, 2003

no-one seriously predicted promotion

unlike several of your fans who seriously predicted that you'd comfortably finish above us, and were willing to place money on it

they seem to have disappeared lately

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

When did any of our fans predict promotion? You said this yesterday as well, I questioned it and got no response. Going to give us an answer this time?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here