Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton deducted 10 points

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
At some point we as football fans have to stop laughing that "big" clubs are sinking and realise how seriously f***ed the game is in this country.

Whilst I admire the likes of Wigan and Bolton they contribute nothing to the Premier League and are only there because of the financial mismanagement of Leeds and Southampton.

Clubs like Southampton are the clubs that helped f*** the game up in this country as they seemed to think they would never be relegated from the premiershite. They said f*** you to us so we can now say it back to them...

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
At some point we as football fans have to stop laughing that "big" clubs are sinking and realise how seriously f***ed the game is in this country.

Whilst I admire the likes of Wigan and Bolton they contribute nothing to the Premier League and are only there because of the financial mismanagement of Leeds and Southampton.

What exactly did Southampton contribute to the premier league? The best season I can remember them having in the last 15-20years was finishing about 9th and losing the cup final. Other than that they spent most of their time skulking about the lower end of the table, relying on LeTissier to save them.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I was at St.Mary's the day they lost to Man United and got relegated from the Prem.

Oh how they all CHUCKLED through their tears, and wondered aloud to one another just how many points they'd win the championship by, the following season.

I heard the statement "At least it'll be a laugh next year, winning every week", at least TEN times over the following week. They genuinnely thought that they'd piss the league, and I'm sure they'll be saying the same right now about league One...

Absolutely! - a couple of quotes from the late lamented 606 boards fully support that:

".........one season - we're gonna thrash everyone of you and then return to where we belong in the Premiership - passing WHU and Pompey on the way as they plummet into the oblivion where they belong..... "

"..............expect SFC to completely walk this mickey mouse league. It's actually going to be something of a lark to come on here after every game and watch you all squirm and make excuses for your respective team's incompetence.
Yes, this season's going to be a riot.............."

If Leeds screw up in the play-offs again, there will be intense competition for the "Most arrogant fans in the league" award next season!

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Could well be minus 25, if they do not exit administration properly.

Unless someone comes up with enough money to not only fully pay the players but also HMRC then it will be -25, with Stockport also on a possible -25 start.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The CEO of Stockport was on SSN and said that there is no possibility of Stockport going into administration and are making plans to have money available for Jim Gannon for signings in the summer.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Charlton could also be on -25 if they go into administration at the end of the season.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Did I read that the Conference has been asked if they can "accommodate" Southampton if things get truly unbelievably bad over the summer?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Did I read that the Conference has been asked if they can "accommodate" Southampton if things get truly unbelievably bad over the summer?
Yeah , but only in the Conference South :p

Oct 25, 2003
What exactly did Southampton contribute to the premier league? The best season I can remember them having in the last 15-20years was finishing about 9th and losing the cup final. Other than that they spent most of their time skulking about the lower end of the table, relying on LeTissier to save them.

yeah, i don't get this "we BELONG in the premiership" nonsense

pretty sure they were shit for AGES, and as you say, massively reliant on Le Tissier.......before st. mary's they were also playing at by FAR the worst ground in the league

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Southampton and Coventry were always favourites to get relegated EVERY season but managed to escape on the last day or so it seemed.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Southampton and Coventry were always favourites to get relegated EVERY season but managed to escape on the last day or so it seemed.

Exactly! Southampton's Houdini acts, plus the sublime skills of Le Tissier, meant that Southampton actually brought some entertainment to the Prem party.

Coventry, on the other hand, have historically made up the numbers in the Prem prior to their relegation although fair play to them, they never got relegated before then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here