Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton closing in

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
As someone said, the points gap to third would be more important than our gap with SCC. That's where we need to pull away from. Top, second end of season, who cares, so long as we get promoted?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Anyway, so much for the theory that they'd be so worried/concerned/excited about playing Man U in the Cup that their league form would suffer.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Can't do anything about the others,so we've just got to keep on winning!
Soton looking very strong though,not much of a surprise really.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
They have got by far the strongest squad in the division and should be front-runners. What gets me is all the praise being heaped on Adkins by Saints fans. " He's got them playing as a team " etc.
FFS they would have gone up under Pardew and most other managers worth their salt. Any side that can afford to let Jason Puncheon go on loan to a Championship team must have a powerful squad.
Adkins appears in front of the TV cameras, with his soundbites and cheesey grin as if he is some sort of miracle worker.
Roll on April.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
As someone said, Saints are playing Notts county at the weekend who have won 6 and drawn 1 out of their last seven games. (Including winning at Bournemouth and Sunderland in the fa cup). Mind you peteboro' with a new manager is a worrying prospect

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
As long as we finish in the top 2, that is what is important. Although Saints have a much bigger budget and more strength in depth (they were always going to come out of the pack), I still think that with the spirit we have, will win the division. I'd rather be three points clear with a game in hand than second having played a game more.

Ringmer bha

Dec 3, 2009
I think both us and Southampton will finished joint top on 87 points (the lowest champion's score for some time). Whoever has the best goal diff will get it.

I think it will come down to last match, but confident we can make it.

87 points is not a random number. I have gone through the bbc predictor and that is what I came up with!

I will of course bounce this post if I'm right. If wrong I'll go hide over there>

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here