Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton away

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Hopefully once my Arcade Fire tickets are paid for by EMA, i'll have enough left to go towards Charlton! Southampton was quality last year, and will be a good day out again this year!

If you're going to Charlton or Peterborough, go to
Peterborough.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I've been there 4 times and I'm pretty sure there's always been at least 3,000; very much hoping it will be the same. To put it into perspective, I'm taking 8 (eight) people with me*, 7 of whom don't support Brighton (though could be converted) and 6 of whom have never been to a Brighton match before.

* subject to ticketing, as obviously they're not members.

are you sure about the 3000? think iv said before last time i went it was 2-2 and remember a healthy crowd but think it was nearer 2k! still i would love to see 3000 of us pack into that terrace

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Last November at South Coast Club you couldn't pay cash at the gate. You had to pay cash at the ticket office; 10 foot away. :tantrum:

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I'll be going to these games just don't think they will meet the same standards of Charlton and Peterborough. Bournemouth is a good shout though :thumbsup:

your probably right but exeter and rovers are terracing and saturdays and rovers a few years go in the evening game when we won 2-1 was actually one of the best away atmospheres iv experienced

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Hopefully once my Arcade Fire tickets are paid for by EMA, i'll have enough left to go towards Charlton! Southampton was quality last year, and will be a good day out again this year!

I wish I had ema :tantrum:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
No way was there 3000 at Peterborough last time we played them, doubt it was even a thousand.

No that was a Tuesday, the last time we played them on a Saturday was about 7 years ago and it was packed.

With a bit of luck we'll go there in the Fa cup too :)

As I live in Southampton, and because Tuesday night is one of the main student nights in the city, I'll be at the game then straight off to the clubs, win or lose!!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Got my day off work booked for south cost club, should be a good week as it's the first test in brisbane the night after :clap:

As for peterborough, if you've not been before then take your chance to be on the best away terrace in the league before they ruin it. Probably my favourite trip, easy on the train, good piss up and a decent away boozer near the ground if it's still there. Last time I went was probably the game notters is talking about, we packed it out and it was a cracing atmosphere with the bizarre comedy moment of someone setting off a roman candle on the end of their finger :lolol:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Will be there - working, with 17 of my students who are trainee stewards completing work experience there. Even though we are closer to Portsmouth, there was no way I was going to set foot in that shit hole. So, if you are asked politely to behave by a very young looking steward, please do as you are told because it is there first time there and they will be shitting themselves as it is.

I'll be wandering around giving them support and assessing them at the same time!

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Will be there - working, with 17 of my students who are trainee stewards completing work experience there. Even though we are closer to Portsmouth, there was no way I was going to set foot in that shit hole. So, if you are asked politely to behave by a very young looking steward, please do as you are told because it is there first time there and they will be shitting themselves as it is.

I'll be wandering around giving them support and assessing them at the same time!

will you let us stand all match please?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

So are you planning to be sensible like last season or throw 50 out for nothing like the time before?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Last time we played at London Road was on a Tuesday night and we took 600.

Anything less than 2,400 this season will be rubbish.

I remember when we took over 4,000 when we got promoted there in 2002

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
My lot will be playing by the rules because it's their first assessed time, but they will be with other more experienced stewards. They have to meet the requirements of the BTEC/NVQ assessors so they will probably be working to the rulebook and FA instructions.

So yes, get used to sitting on the pavement waiting for your mates if you f*** about! If you don't break the rules, you will be there for the 95th minute - which seems pretty fair to me!

The Northam End will probably stand all match as they normally do, depends on how the match goes for you lot - once we take a 3-0 lead and Southampton start sulking, then I daresay you will be victimised, have your cameras and mobile phones confiscated, made to sit down and stop singing and not be allowed your half time Bovril.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I think that if we and The South Coast Team are at the top it will be on Sky.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I'll be home in 4 weeks & Nov 32rd is the one I'm looking forward to.
God I really dislike that South Coast club immensely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here