Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton away - train times

There's always the possibility of getting a train up to Clapham Junction and then back to Brighton from there. Although your ticket won't be valid on that route if you come along the coast before the match.

... and, if you miss the 3 minute connection at Clapham Junction, you'll be stuck on a rail replacement bus from Three Bridges to Brighton.

Southampton Central 22:30 SW
Clapham Junction 00:08

Clapham Junction 01:08 SN
Three Bridges 01:50

Three Bridges 01:58 SN Bus
Brighton 02:53

Why does the German Railways site show the scheduled arrival time of the 2230 train from Southampton to Waterloo as 2356 at Clapham Junction? That gives plenty of time to catch the 0011 train to Brighton (arr 0117).

PS ... Don't trust this information or blame me if it turns out to be wrong!

DB BAHN - TravelService - Your timetable

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
What about those coaches that the club have organised (ish) that are mentioned on the official site? Has anybody booked a place/inquired about 'em??

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Alternatively drive............

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Why does the German Railways site show the scheduled arrival time of the 2230 train from Southampton to Waterloo as 2356 at Clapham Junction? That gives plenty of time to catch the 0011 train to Brighton (arr 0117).

PS ... Don't trust this information or blame me if it turns out to be wrong!

DB BAHN - TravelService - Your timetable

The departure time is the same as the arrival time at CLJ, whilst it stops for five minutes at Eastleigh.

Code:
Calling points 	Arrives 	Departs
Southampton Airport Parkway [SOA] 	22:37 	22:38
Eastleigh [ESL] 	22:41 	22:46
Winchester [WIN] 	22:54 	22:54
Basingstoke [BSK] 	23:11 	23:13
Woking [WOK] 	23:33 	23:34
Clapham Junction [CLJ] 	00:08 	00:08

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
thought muvvers was sorting out minibus??im alright jack,load s of people i know driving,have you got a tik yet,are you blue member

Ive spent a life time drinking you under the table empire and you know it :lolol:

Getting tickets tommorrow. Got a mate to get mine and Grants cos muvvers let us down!

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
I take it that football clubs are now banned from chartering their own trains for fans like they did in the seventies . Why so ? Surely we were easier to police when were all travelling together .
Is it really against the law over there for an entrepreneurial individual to charter a train for football fans ?

Used to be so bloody easy & cheap to travel by train to games . Can't believe all the hassle & planning you lot seem to have to do now to travel up & down the country every fortnight . Didn't realise at the time just how fortunate we were 30 / 35 years ago .

I take it that football clubs are now banned from chartering their own trains for fans like they did in the seventies . Why so ? Surely we were easier to police when were all travelling together .
Is it really against the law over there for an entrepreneurial individual to charter a train for football fans ?

Used to be so bloody easy & cheap to travel by train to games . Can't believe all the hassle & planning you lot seem to have to do now to travel up & down the country every fortnight . Didn't realise at the time just how fortunate we were 30 / 35 years ago .

Since the break-up of the railways it is very hard to charter a train.

But with this being on the Southern Railways route it might be easier..... or not!

FCUM have just been quoted £25,000 by Virgin for a Saturday charter train to and from either Woking or Brighton. About £50 a seat, return.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
f***ing trains are so piss poor for late services arn't they. Last train back from places has always put a spanner in the works for nights out in different towns etc

Drive looks only option which is a shame

22:13 - total shite that

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
the game wont even finish @ 21:30 - its usually late KO for the 2nd half after injury time in the first, plus injury time in the 2nd etc and clapping the fans off, most midweek games arent ready to leave til about 21:50 earliest.....

trains home are a f***ing JOKE from Saints :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here