Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton away moved to a Sunday

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It would have also been possible to use the 4 for £20 Southern train tickets to get to this game - now it fuckin isn't. :angry::angry::angry:

He who pays the piper calls the tune.

Just have in mind, this Sky money will help go towards Murrays wages for another month, as well as the treatment for his troublesome hernia, being as he'll probably have to pop back over to Deutschland for another op at some point with that top surgeon.

Its all swings and roundabouts isn't it.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I also notice in the fixtures that Southend are playing nearly all their home games on Friday nights, anyone know why this is?

Something to do with west ham i believe! They feel they get less fans if they are playing on the same day as the Hammers. Its something along those lines though, however i cant see how people would go to Southend on a friday and West ham on a saturday, hardly cheap!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Something to do with west ham i believe! They feel they get less fans if they are playing on the same day as the Hammers. Its something along those lines though, however i cant see how people would go to Southend on a friday and West ham on a saturday, hardly cheap!

Didn't think that was allowed. Tranmere always used to play on a Fri nite so it didn't impact liverpool/Everton.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I also notice in the fixtures that Southend are playing nearly all their home games on Friday nights, anyone know why this is?

When the fixtures were released there was something on the BBC site, and posted on here, about how the fixtures were arranged. Due to teams not being able to play at home when others are and it mentioned Southend I think.

Edit: here it is

BBC - BBC Sport: Paul Fletcher: Secrets of the fixture computer

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Whats wrong with the trains? Look ok here in Worthing for this date?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Didn't think that was allowed. Tranmere always used to play on a Fri nite so it didn't impact liverpool/Everton.

I wouldnt have thought Liverpool or Everton would lose too much sleep over lost revenue from stay away Rovers fans.

Prenton Park always seems pretty empty to me, and its a big old ground that.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think it was the other way around. Tranny played on Friday coz having Liv/Everton impacted on them. That was in the Saint and Greavsie days.

Then the league said no more Fridays...so no idea why Sarfend is now...?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I think it was the other way around. Tranny played on Friday coz having Liv/Everton impacted on them. That was in the Saint and Greavsie days.

Then the league said no more Fridays...so no idea why Sarfend is now...?

There is a market in the car park outside Roots Hall most Saturdays, that's why they play Friday nights.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
this is RUBBISH, I was very tempted to be an Uberfan and go to the away match. But now its on Sky i shall not BOTHER as its cheaper to get pissed in the pub watching it...which is still nice but STILL!!!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire

Stockport used to play on Fridays so that United or City could get a decent crowd on the Saturday,too.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
that is slightly gay,especially the k.o. time but it will make saturday night fun and will give albion fans a fair amount of drinking time on the sunday! reckon they should give us around 4,000 tickets

Is it ACTUALLY all that much more difficult to get to a game 60 miles away on a Sunday afternoon instead of a Saturday where the mainline railway station is a 20 minute walk from the ground?

train via clapham will take about 2hrs 45 min .

seem to be enough - no planned enginnering as far aas i can see

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here