Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton are in BIG trouble.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Doubt it, the administrators were talking to other interested parties too.

Still in big trouble. The other parties were from South Africa and Asia I believe. The time it will take for them to take over is a worry enough. They don't have a manager and haven't structured their team- and the season starts in what, 5 weeks?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
There has just been another take on the story, and it had included this:

The BBC said:
Administrator Mark Fry is now battling to tie up a deal with another buyer.

Southampton might not be in great shape to start the season, but I'm fairly confident they will. It all rather smells like the Pinnacle Group tried to call the FL's bluff over the 10 points... only to find that the FL had pocket Aces.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I'm sure they will start it. But as you say I don't think they will be in great shape. Would be hilarious if they dropped into league 2 :D

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
According to the Guardian, the Administrators are going to consider winding up the club on Friday.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Makes you appreciate how well Dick Knight ran our club over the years.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
...It all rather smells like the Pinnacle Group tried to call the FL's bluff over the 10 points... only to find that the FL had pocket Aces.

It sounds to me that they had decided not to proceed and were using the 10 points as a reason. The FLs position had been firm all along, and they had history with Luton, Leeds, Bournemouth, etc. They had no reason whatsoever to believe they could succeed where the others hadn't. It's possible that they found something they didn't like during their 'due diligence' period.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
my southamption supporting mate thinks that they are gone (ok - he is a bit of a pessimist). However he has vowed to start supporting us instead. It's all money...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Presumably they won't be allowed to start the season if new owners are not in place by then ? The FL will be requiring a bond from the owners that the club can fulfil its fixtures, so if a prospective buyer can't seal the deal in the next month and a bit, then it really could be bye-bye Saints.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Supposedly it was always a 2-horse race between Pinnacle and a Swiss group, so all hope not lost yet?

Jokes aside, I cannot believe there are some so-called Albion fans on here revelling in this situation.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Cant they do a leeds and be wound up (or equivalent) only to come back as Southampton 2525 or something that just happen to play at St Marys and wear Red & White and have virtually the same staff etc? But take the points deduction on the chin?

Or do what Leeds did and have a protracted legal case about the deduction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here