Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton (Again)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
From their board

after we get promoted I would like to see the club reward all Season Ticket Holders AND Members who go to 15 plus games this season WITH A FREEZE in ticket prices for the premiership.

I really hope they stay down

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Stay down? I still reckon they are going to have problems even staying in this division. Watching the interviews with Harry "Spiv" Redknapp this morning, he seems to be hinting at lots of behind the scenes problems with regards to Woodward, player injuries, Roopes getting too involved, etc. I reckon that if they start badly, the "loyal" fans will be shopping in the Marlands Centre on a Saturday while the stadium becomes a bloody great weight around the neck of the club.

All the time the fans think that they have a god-given right to be in the Premiership, they are heading for a nasty fall.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I can see Southampton being the next Sheffield Wednesday. Struggle this season, and go down the next. Wouldn't it be nice!

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Maybe they will start infiltrating this board, hunting out their "derby" rivals. Best they start looking at Bournemouth.....

Flat spin this season for them, Harry is making excuses already.....

"I felt the referee missed two blatant fouls before and ended up getting Claus Lundekvam sent off.

"If he had given the free-kicks when he should have, the sending-off would not have happened.

"Wolves looked like a team that have played together more than us, we need to get two or three more players in."

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Personally I think Southampton fans could do themselves a favour by backing a man who has turned them into a biggish club with a fantastic new stadium rather than backing a whinging spiv who can't manage a team unless he's got more money to spend than his contemporaries.

Those muppets outside St Mary's shouting "Rupert Out" after they got relegated made me cringe.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Is the aura aroung scumhampton finally fading and the shit is starting to stick?

Its been a long time comming.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
I fully expect Hampshire car boot sales to be full of Scumhampton shirts in the next couple of weeks. Going down faster than a pompey slapper behind the Guildhall.....

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Redknapp just can't help piling on the excuses can he?

Anything to avoid being the one who gets blamed when it all goes even more tits up than it already is.

Saints have no recent experience of this league, hence their fans think they will be able to leap straight back up again, with no concept of how hard it is.

Which is why Norwich and Palace will do better than them, as at least they have a sense of perspective- Simon Jordan aside.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here