Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

South Today News.... Help

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Ok I live in Brighton and have a vigin box - i get BBC south today news - other than reham Khan doing the weather this really annoys me as its always about Oxford, Swindon or southampton. Is there anyway to re-tune my box to get South East local BBC and maybe some sussex news or am i f***ed?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
There might be a setting allowing you to choose your local stations, I know I was given the option when setting up Freesat. Also they are changing the Whitehawk transmitter from South to South-East when they complete the digital switchover in a few months time, so Virgin might reflect that too.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
With sky you get all of the area channels in the late 900s. don't be too fussed about changing it, the presenters are gillingham fans and they always talk about charlton! that well known south east club!!!

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Ok I live in Brighton and have a vigin box - i get BBC south today news - other than reham Khan doing the weather this really annoys me as its always about Oxford, Swindon or southampton. Is there anyway to re-tune my box to get South East local BBC and maybe some sussex news or am i f***ed?

Don't knock it. BBC South East seems to focus mostly on K*nt anyway.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
The only other 'local' BBC station you get on Virgin is London, on 861.
But, as above says, this will change with the digital change over in March.
(On Freeview, anyway)

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell

You won't have long to wait for your wish, virgin rebroadcast from freeview so from the 21st of March when the digital switchover is complete south today will be changed to SE today

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea

I just got a message thru my Virgin TiVo box saying that Brighton Residents will have BBC South Today instead of BBC South from WEDNESDAY 7TH MARCH.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
South east today is much better. Brighton are the top team and you get the delightful Polly Evans presenting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here