Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

South Today/Meridian in the club shop today

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
Southover Street Seagull said:
My apologies I strayed from Albion are the best thing since sliced bread camp for a moment there. I am now firmly against all free thought and opinion on the goings on at the Albion, I shall stick my head up Mark McGhee's arse at the nearest oppurtunity!

Good.

Who else could do such a good job? The players don't want too come to Withers...etc etc...

I'd be happy with relegation.

Last edited:

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
Fragmented Badger said:
:lolol:

I think that's going a tad too far Mark, unless of course we go down with real FLAIR....

Just as long as Mark "God" McGhee stays at the club I'd be happy playing in Albanian division 8.

Southover Street Seagull said:
So you are not allowed to give your honest opinionas a fan about the Albion now unless it is positive?

What do you mean "not allowed". Explain to me how someone had the capacity to stop him saying what he said? ??? ???

I gave my opinion on the Ben's Grandad impression he came out with. Am I "allowed" that opinion, Southover?

The bottom line is, there are lot of people who watch these local TV previews in two minds about whether to come to a game or not. Unless you communicate why it might be worth going, I don't think you are doing any favours for the Albion.

I'm willing to bet that the Bournemouth fans they interview, even though they are in a worse state than us according to the bookies, will be positive about their team :rolleyes:

Fragmented Badger said:
as I am afraid it's just not allowed anymore;)

Blimey, are Amnesty International on the case of this blatant censorship?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
London Irish said:
I'm willing to bet that the Bournemouth fans they interview, even though they are in a worse state than us according to the bookies, will be positive about their team :rolleyes:

Rather see Badgers honesty on TV than a bunch of over optomistic fools saying things to please the club.

Fragmented Badger said:
I see your point. But, I am not one of these fans who are indecisive about whether to go or not, I will be there whatever happens. So, when some chap with a camera asks me how I think the Albion will do next season, I gave him my honest answer, ie we will struggle due to a lack of goals, and too few players with both experience and talent. If I met you, I would say the same thing, if I met McGhee I would say it, indeed anyone I have an Albion related conversation with I would give my view to. Just as I would then listen to their thoughts. It's not a case of being overly pessimistic, it's just an opinion, and when I was asked for it my immediate thought was not to say what I thought any floating fans might want to hear.

What really winds me up are these people they interview who blatantly haven't been to a match for 5 years, who then go on to tell us all how they are certain we will win promotion this season, just because they probably don't even realise what division we are in. In other words, I may be a bit more negative about THIS season than you, but it is purely my opinion based on what I have seen. I emphasise THIS because last season I stupidly thought we would do quite well!

Oddly enough I'm not massively optimistic about this season (but granted, compared to you I'm a cheerleader with a cute arse waving my pom-poms about) because we haven't got the striker we need, so mid-table is very likely, and there is still a lot of unsavoury unfinished business from the Lizard Bloom row bubbling away in the background, and that's depressing.

However, if someone stuck a camera in my face, I would try my best not to appear I was in TOTAL PAIN at the prospect of seeing an Albion game :thumbsup:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
London Irish said:
Oddly enough I'm not massively optimistic about this season (but granted, compared to you I'm a cheerleader with a cute arse waving my pom-poms about) because we haven't got the striker we need, so mid-table is very likely, and there is still a lot of unsavoury unfinished business from the Lizard Bloom row bubbling away in the background, and that's depressing.

However, if someone stuck a camera in my face, I would try my best not to appear I was in TOTAL PAIN at the prospect of seeing an Albion game :thumbsup:
I'm scared. I'm really starting to agree with a lot of LI's comments.

MUMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
A copy and paste from the lovely people over on NSP.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three days to go you ****s.

This isn't about McGhee, this isn't about the bunch we've got going out representing our city and county each week, this is about US!

It's about going to cities and towns in the north and showing them what it is to be blue and white and to be from Sussex.

It's about taking over pubs and bossing it all the way to the ground, singing our war songs and watching as they try to work out whether we're hard or just spastics.

It's about getting down to Withdean and showing all the f***ing whingers what support is all about. The boys might not be up to it but we sure as f*** are - we're proud to wear the shirt, proud of the badge, proud of the colours and proud of everything we've achieved, from Millennuim Stadium to Macclesfield away, we've been showing every team going who we are and showing them all what true support looks like.

So, brothers and sisters, I put it to you - f*** what's going on on the pitch and let's just make it a season we can all remember for better reasons - Big Days Out, pished up XXXXXXX screaming at people, they young 'uns with their pics of the antics, and most of all remember that the manager, the players and the board are not this club, WE are. And we are the ones who will be here forever.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that is a fair comment and if Albion Seagull posts on here, make youself known as that is probably the best post I've seen for a long time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here