Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

South Park vs Family Guy

Family Guy or South Park

• Total voters

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
SOUTH PARK...... Without it there wouldn't have been the likes of Family Guy!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Family Guy every time, like AvS I don't like the animation of SP either.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
The latest series of family guy has been top quality
Family guy all the way.

Isn't it strange that Ryan giggs looks and acts like Quagmire.
Giggity!:D

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think they are both brilliant, but Family Guy just nudges it for me, mainly due to the genius that is Glenn Quagmire, who I suspect was modelled on Danny Seagull

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
The latest series of family guy has been top quality
Family guy all the way.

Isn't it strange that Ryan giggs looks and acts like Quagmire.
Giggity!:D

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
The South Park Cartoon Wars episode sums up Family Guy pretty well, when it says it's basically a load of random gags, some of which can be very funny. However the writing in South Park is far superior.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
FWIW this is not even a debate. South Park is much, much better.

Absolutely.

I'm still amazed by just how supposedly popular Family Guy is in this country. It has had its moments but by and large it's just a collection of unrelated American pop culture references, many of which mean absolutely nothing to us Brits. There's no timeless quality to its gags, they're just cheap jibes at American TV personalities repeated ad nauseum. I got very tired of Family Guy long ago.

Watching the South Park episodes on Family Guy really hits the nail on the head. Anyone could write an episode of Family Guy if you had a list of interchangeable names and references to use in a formulaic sentence format. e.g:

This is just like that time I was <----occupation----> for <----personality---->

[Cut to scene of Peter Griffin serving Columbian roast to a TV quiz show host who's been in the news recently for sexual indecency]

And so on and so forth.

There's no glue binding the episodes together, there's no running theme (aside from dreadfully boring repeated references to an evil monkey or how black people look different to white people). You can't relate to the characters, they have no depth. They're one dimensional puppets for the sake of fitting round whatever obscure pop culture references the writers want to crowbar in that week.

Case in point:

[yt]mIY28dQGUr8[/yt]

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I love both but for the writing & satire South Park wins it.
Saw a spoof of the royal wedding the other day. Cracked me up

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Both shit

images

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I love both but for the writing & satire South Park wins it.
Saw a spoof of the royal wedding the other day. Cracked me up

The Canadian one? Watching that last night. The Crack babies one also very funny.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Futurama PISSES all over both of them.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Absolutely.

I'm still amazed by just how supposedly popular Family Guy is in this country. It has had its moments but by and large it's just a collection of unrelated American pop culture references, many of which mean absolutely nothing to us Brits. There's no timeless quality to its gags, they're just cheap jibes at American TV personalities repeated ad nauseum. I got very tired of Family Guy long ago.

Watching the South Park episodes on Family Guy really hits the nail on the head. Anyone could write an episode of Family Guy if you had a list of interchangeable names and references to use in a formulaic sentence format. e.g:

This is just like that time I was <----occupation----> for <----personality---->

[Cut to scene of Peter Griffin serving Columbian roast to a TV quiz show host who's been in the news recently for sexual indecency]

And so on and so forth.

There's no glue binding the episodes together, there's no running theme (aside from dreadfully boring repeated references to an evil monkey or how black people look different to white people). You can't relate to the characters, they have no depth. They're one dimensional puppets for the sake of fitting round whatever obscure pop culture references the writers want to crowbar in that week.

Case in point:

[yt]mIY28dQGUr8[/yt]

see, you're right , I know in my heart of hearts you're right - BUT Family Guy , especially the new episodes have me LAUGHING , and not alot of telly does that, just for the sheer stupidity of it all (although the Stewie and Brian episodes are getting dull quickly , yet there seems to be more every single series) , watched the Cleveland show last night , enjoyed that too :) American Dad is abit shit mind.

South Park is a very close second for me , I think Mr Burns hit the nail on the head , the Cartman episodes are brilliant , the ones without feel like theres something missing

Futurama on the other hand is class , still enjoy the episodes after many repeats (although SKY mess it up by showing the "film" parts in the wrong order ) Same with Simpsons really

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Used to think Family Guy was better than South Park then I watched about 10 episodes of South Park at my mates and worked out Family Guy is SHIT and South Park is AMAZING

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here