Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

South Korea -Over to NSC (fountain of knowledge)

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
One thing they've noticed is the culture of binge drinking. Not only is it the norm for respectable men to fall asleep on a bench somewhere, but it is frowned upon if you don't go out and get smashed with your work mates on a social night.

At least that's what your Dad's telling your Mum...

Domsdad

brother of Patch
Sep 24, 2003
Its grim up north
I've been living and working in Seoul since August last year. I would recommend it to anyone. The country has got a lot going for it. Folk have mentioned the binge drinking and its true. The difference is that Koreans are friendly drunks.
Its a safe and interesting place. Its not cheap. Sure you can eat cheap but you can eat and drink expensive too and everything else is about UK price. Accomodation is very expensive - at least it is in Seoul.
What the folk generally lack is individuality and what will get you down is the spitting and the way that the locals walk straight into you because they are all looking down at their mobile phones instead of where they're going.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Hi, I've been working in Korea as an esl teacher for the last 6 years on and off. I would certainly echo the sentiments of the above posters who have visited the country. I'm on a beach in India right now with rather limited Internet access so I can't go into details now but if you have any specific questions regarding lifestyle, visa paperwork, employers to avoid or anything ask away!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here