Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

South Africa v England, 3rd Test, Cape Town

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
To be fair we are 1-0 up against SOUTH AFRICA in SOUTH AFRICA going into the FINAL test.

That's a LONG way from being just "better than totally rubbish". That's f**king brilliant.

Indeed.

To be fair to Mendoza, he is joking, though.

Funny old series. England head into the final test, needing only a draw to complete an almost unthinkable series victory, yet, if SA had taken just ONE more wicket in two of the tests, we'd be 2-1 down and needing a win just to square things.

Great stuff.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How anyone can have a pop at Bell today is beyond me.

I just said to my colleague that undoubtedly there will be article's praising Colly as Brigadier Block, and at the same time there will be articles claiming "When the going gets tough, Bell goes missing." - already heard that one after his dismissal today.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That's three times in less than a year we've done that now though. It's series-changing stuff. A few years ago England would have lost all three comfortably, probably lost the Ashes, and certainly lost this series. There is clearly some backbone there, it's happening too often to be coincidence.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bell AND Collymore = :bowdown:

KP - you OWE us something BIG in the final test matey.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Anyone slating Bell is a tit. He faced how many balls?

Great effort. :clap:

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I bloody love cricket. Just saw a clip of hundreds of people in the stands going BALLISTIC as a reaction to Onions simply leaving the final ball alone. Try explaining that to an American!

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I just said to my colleague that undoubtedly there will be article's praising Colly as Brigadier Block, and at the same time there will be articles claiming "When the going gets tough, Bell goes missing." - already heard that one after his dismissal today.

Nah, there won't. Any cricket writer with a half a brain will be praising Bell.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I bloody love cricket. Just saw a clip of hundreds of people in the stands going BALLISTIC as a reaction to Onions simply leaving the final ball alone. Try explaining that to an American!

I've got a mate who spends more time in meetings in San Francisco than he wants to.

He reckons the people he deals with can't even get their heads around the concept of stopping for lunch and tea.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Nah, there won't. Any cricket writer with a half a brain will be praising Bell.

Like I said, the above quote has already been on BBC Sport. Just a regular punter, admittedly. So perhaps not journos, but still it will solidify what some Bell doubters already think of him. Ridiculous.

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea

We had a yank watch us last season and he couldnt get to grips with the game or understand how we stopped / caught the ball without a glove on.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just got back from seeing my young lady in Brighton to be confronted with the fact that we SAVED the Test ! rock on, what a great day !:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I am beginning to think the South Africans are worse than the Aussies with all this whinging about cheating and Trott taking ages between deliveries.

Just because we don't role over and die any more they aren't happy.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Missed last few overs as I had to go out and my son turned up early to drive me because of the road conditions. Looking at the score card credit must be given to Onions faced 11 balls for 0 runs well done.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
bloody marvellous scenes, TV indoors and test mach special in the workshop, un-missable

It also goes to show how utterly shyte footbal is these days, which is a shame

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here