Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sould we find a new keeper for next season ?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't think it is a major priority, but we should keep an eye out for anyone better than what we have.

HalfTimeOrange

Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
I think Gus will be looking to tighten the defence even more over the summer, and sticking a quality keeper between the sticks could hopefully cut down on the amount of mistakes that we sometimes make.

andywhing4england

Jan 19, 2009
Why on earth would we sign clayton ince? the guy is about forty, on good money, happy at walsall, wantedby his club and not anything special. pointless signing/suggestion:facepalm:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Why on earth would we sign clayton ince? the guy is about forty, on good money, happy at walsall, wantedby his club and not anything special. pointless signing/suggestion:facepalm:

the guy is about forty - nearer true than not

happy at walsall - not true

wanted by his club - not true

not anything special - debatable but no better than Kuipers for sure

agree - don't go there :thumbsup:

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Goal keeper is not an area of concern. The two we have are good enough for League 1.

Of more importance are, Centre back, a creative midfielder, and 2 more centre forwards

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Am I the only one who thinks Big Bad Brez is perfect for the No. 1 shirt next season? A stand by would be nice, but I'm happy with the big man.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
ADRIANO BASSO

He's foreign and available on a free so its a must!!!

article-1204544-05F5103B000005DC-872_468x413.jpg

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
That would be IMMENSE, such a class keeper, feel sorry for him with all those injuries.

I LOVE Matt Murray, a really honest and nice bloke. Met him at Wolves training ground and also one of my work colleagues is the great Aunt of his kid. I can't think of anyone that has more time for the fans.

Would have gone on to play for England had his career not fallen so horrifically apart when Wolves had their first crack at the Premier League and then again at the end of the season he was voted Championship player of the year.

Last edited:

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
If we have aspirations to reach the Championship, we MUST sign a better keeper.

FDM is past it and, much as I like him, has never really been Championship class. (I've never agreed with the extreme views about him, for or against.)

I'm just not convinced about Brez. He has been competent, but no more than that, in my opinion. Some horrible gaffes balanced by decent taking of crosses. In the long run, I don't think he'll ever really let us down but I just doubt he has the extra quality we need for a Championship push.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I really rate Brezovan....

there are more pressing areas to fix, like the two central defenders for a start!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Have to say Matt Murray would be a fantastic signing and as Strings says he is a nice bloke as well as being absolute class between the sticks - he would become a cult figure with the fans no question.

We certainly neeed someone of that standard - I've suggested a punt on Boaz Myhill as he has recently lost his place at Hull and they are a selling club.

Agree also that we desperately need an experienced centre back. I like Tunnicliffe and think he could develop into something very good - potentially better than Elphick who in my view is more an old fashioned style hoof merchant than a ball player (nothing wrong with that IMO but Gus seems to want to play it out from the back and Elphick is prone to too many mistakes that have cost us dearly). El Abd has been the surprise package this season - for anyone old enough to remember Paul Madeley at Leeds - could fill in anywhere and do a good job even if he wasn't first choice in any position (result he played more games than anyone) - it's what Adams clearly wanted Virgo to become but he just can't cut it.

Sorry to hijack a goalkeeper thread and turn it to talking about centre backs...................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here