Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sort the catering out!! (feedback from Fatboy gig)

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Good to get the opinion from a non-Albion fan who went on Friday...

Positives; very impressive stadium and setting for a concert.
Negatives; they ran out of beer at 17:00!! the gig went from 14:00 to 23:00!

when will they sort this out?! apparently they got 'some' more later on, but not really enough.

has to be one of THE things they need to improve. not just beer but the catering in general is very poor.

yes this is probably fixtures. :annoyed:

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Beer now £3.90 a pint and pies at £3.80.

Special offer of a pie and a pint at £7.50 - saving £1.50!

I thing someone needs to check their maths before Trading Standards get to them.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
The ONLY thing that let the gig on Saturday down was the service. Not sure how Friday went, but I had to queue for 2 hours for 2 beers! f***ing ridiculous, West Stand concourse they had 5 staff on there, 3 serving and the others pouring beer. Everyone in the queue (wasnt a queue, after an hour everyone thought f*** this, every man for himself) was getting angry. No idea how Azure have won so many catering awards, they've been shit all season!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Good to get the opinion from a non-Albion fan who went on Friday...

Positives; very impressive stadium and setting for a concert.
Negatives; they ran out of beer at 17:00!! the gig went from 14:00 to 23:00!

when will they sort this out?! apparently they got 'some' more later on, but not really enough.

has to be one of THE things they need to improve. not just beer but the catering in general is very poor.

yes this is probably fixtures. :annoyed:

But when you question anyone at the club, Richard Hebbard included, regarding Transport or Catering, they/he see no problem.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
The ONLY thing that let the gig on Saturday down was the service. Not sure how Friday went, but I had to queue for 2 hours for 2 beers! f***ing ridiculous, West Stand concourse they had 5 staff on there, 3 serving and the others pouring beer. Everyone in the queue (wasnt a queue, after an hour everyone thought f*** this, every man for himself) was getting angry. No idea how Azure have won so many catering awards, they've been shit all season!

I didn't go but my mate also queued for 2 hours for some beers. He said people were getting angry and just buying as many as they could carry in the end.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007

Was great service in the boxes, straight from the fridge!
Pretty sure I read somewhere that the catering was being managed by the promoters and they had got their own staff and caterers in.. the club simply hired out the facilities and pretty much then washed their hands of it.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Beer now £3.90 a pint and pies at £3.80.

Special offer of a pie and a pint at £7.50 - saving £1.50!

I thing someone needs to check their maths before Trading Standards get to them.

Those signs are usually saying save £1.50 by getting a soft drink instead of a beer, rather than save £1.50 by getting a pie and a pint together

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
My wife (long term fan and season ticket holder) and her friend (first visit to the amex) went on saturday.

Their experience wasn't great at all - her friend 'queued' for over 90 mins and only became aware beer had run out as she reached the front. Like someone else mentioned it turned into a scrum and she (5ft 2 and size 6/8) was crushed and unable to move. A very disturbing experience. They had already queued for an hour earlier on for their first drinks. Again food service was slow and poor.

They outside foot outlets though were very welcome - pizza for £5 for example. These werent under the control of azure though.

The operations team and azure, will (I'm sure) learn from the experience

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
On the Saturday a few mates left went across to the swan had a few more drinks and then came back.

I pretty much missed the whole of DJ Fresh waiting to get a drink, not sure why they didnt just do can's so much quicker than pooring pints.

Still a great day! Hope he does another soon, just a shame it won't be at the Amex.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
1. Beer didnt run out at 5 :S

it did at least as the bar people had queued/rampaged for at least 90 minutes for. If you're answer is 'there was some elsewhere' then that is not exactly helpful as they could easily join the back of that queue and again be let down.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
On the Saturday a few mates left went across to the swan had a few more drinks and then came back.

I pretty much missed the whole of DJ Fresh waiting to get a drink, not sure why they didnt just do can's so much quicker than pooring pints.

Still a great day! Hope he does another soon, just a shame it won't be at the Amex.

I guess the issue with cans (& bottles) is that there are some individuals who would see fit to use them as missiles once the beer has been drunk, you don't want to be hit on the head by a beer can or bottle full of piss.

As for doing it again, why wouldn't he? The people I've spoken to about the actual show said it was excellent, seems like a good reason to do it again next year (but with better catering)

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
I didn't go but my mate also queued for 2 hours for some beers. He said people were getting angry and just buying as many as they could carry in the end.

Yeah, no one wanted to return so everyone just brought loads at once.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that the catering was being managed by the promoters and they had got their own staff and caterers in.. the club simply hired out the facilities and pretty much then washed their hands of it.

I had a friend in one of the box's and he sorted me a few out! But yeah, overall it was a seriously good, messy gig, but the catering was awful.

cammac

Nov 12, 2011
Eastbourne

I did ask one of the girls behind the bar if they are the same staff as match days and she said yes, Great venue (of course) but the bars really did put a damper on it..

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I queued for an hour for a drink about 6pm on Saturday was a joke!!!!

You're lucky.

We queued THREE hours on the pitch. Went from the end of JAG Skills the the gap before FBS came on.

The first hour and a half was fine as we were all in our group and it didnt feel so much like queuing. Still a good atmosphere.

We were then about 5 from the front and people were pushing in, fights were breaking out, pumps were breaking, staff couldnt pour to save their lives, people ordered 30 pints etc etc.

We wernt going to leave the queue as we were SO close but it was just ridiculous.

The problem was they were POURING (foam) TO ORDER.. Someone should have just been pouring pints regardless whilst someone else takes the money and hands them out.

This would speed the whole thing up and mean, even if a pump breaks, a load of drinks is still there to hand out.

Ridiculous situation. Amazing gig almost ruined for me.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
There's an easy way around this:

Don't waste your time queuing for expensive drinks. I paid £10 for a couple of tablets with a little picture of a rocket on them. Not sure what was in them but I had lots of fun dancing to the music and watching the show while other people were stood in queues.

You have not been charged for this information :thumbsup:

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
There's an easy way around this:

Don't waste your time queuing for expensive drinks. I paid £10 for a couple of tablets with a little picture of a rocket on them. Not sure what was in them but I had lots of fun dancing to the music and watching the show while other people were stood in queues.

You have not been charged for this information :thumbsup:

:lolol: I did the same, plus a few other party accessories but you always need a drink still!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The operations team and azure, will (I'm sure) learn from the experience

With due respect to you they haven't and have had 23 + games to improve during the season, which they have done but what was the crowd for the Fat boy concerts, larger than our home gates or not. I am asking because I don't know and if they weren't then they haven't learnt from the past season. Also you mentioned the outside caterers how come when they aren't allowed them for our matches again not trying to cause trouble just puzzled as to how that happened.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here