Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sorry to be boring but regarding away support.

Who goes away

• STH and attended 6 or more away so far

Votes: 56 49.1%
  • STH goes once or twice away a season

Votes: 15 13.2%
  • Not a STH but has attended 6 or more away so far

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • Goes away once or twice a season not a STH and still got a Spurs ticket

Votes: 7 6.1%

• Total voters

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
samparish said:
Why is anyone else more deserving than me?

And I'm presuming that you, like me are not a season ticket holder. If you are I take my hat off to you commuting all the way from Plymouth to Withdean but even if you do this makes you no more 'deserving' than me.

Plus if you are, you have ample opportunity to get to the ticket office;)

Nige is a season ticket holder.

Perhaps a quick check of the dates would show why he was unable to pop into the ticket office on his way to a match. :dunce:

plymouth nige

plymouth nige
Oct 21, 2003
plymouth
Why is anyone else more deserving than me?

Because they are:
Litter Patrollers, they have donated funds to the clubs survival, they go to as many away games as possible, not just because its 'a biggun' and they have a deeper passion for the Albion than you. I have a lot of friends who don't have tickets who applied straight away that are in the above bracket.

And how does my having a season ticket make it easy for me to get to the ticket office mid week?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Ok, the ticket office comment was slightly flippant I grant you that.

I would hardly class Crewe away as a big one though so I'm not sure what sort of a point you are trying to make there.

I would love to be in a position financially to be able to contribute to A&K, have a season ticket and go to every away game too. But I am not - this does not mean I have any less a passion for the Albion than anyone else. I spend as much as I can following the Albion, and if others spend more than me (because unlike me they can afford to) that doesn't mean I should be excluded or discriminated against for the benefit of these people.

As for your friends, well that's unfortunate and very surprising that they didn't get tickets in that case - but it's not to mean they deserve one any more than me as I give as much as I can to supporting the Albion and care for the club every bit as much as they do.

Edit: typo:dunce:

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
You know what i dont care i have a ticket im not a season ticket holder because i choose to play football on sats - but im a glory hunter so will be there at whl

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I am an away member, got a half season ticket and only missed Rotherham and Coventry home games this season.

Away, been to:

- Millwall
- Leicester
- Forest
- West Ham
- QPR

Plan on going to:
- Sheffield Utd
- Cardiff
- Leeds
- Rotherham
- Stoke
- Coventry

Got a spurs ticket.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Richie Morris said:
I am an away member, got a half season ticket and only missed Rotherham and Coventry home games this season.

Away, been to:

- Millwall
- Leicester
- Forest
- West Ham
- QPR

Plan on going to:
- Sheffield Utd
- Cardiff
- Leeds
- Rotherham
- Stoke
- Coventry

Got a spurs ticket.
glory hunter

plymouth nige

plymouth nige
Oct 21, 2003
plymouth
Samparish

Obviously we are going to agree to disagree on this, the whole tone of your first post wound me up because of the fact I know quite a few people that I consider to be more deserving than most that do not have tickets. Anyway, I've got one and I'm going to make the most of it!
wcnige

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Sorry, was not my intention to wind up/annoy anyone. There have been a lot of people on here moaning about tickets - I got lucky this time, maybe I won't and some of them will next time round.

I'm sorry about your mates, it's always a shame (as it has been for the past 8 years) when people who want to watch the Albion can't for whatever reason.

Enjoy Spurs, and lets hope we get our own state-of-the art stadium to enjoy matches in soon!

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
MONDAY 6TH DEC.....NOT A CLUB STATEMENT.

DETAILS FOR TICKET APPLICATIONS FOR F.A.CUP 3RD TIE VERSUS TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR (A) ON JAN 8TH.

Season ticket holders to apply by post, by phone or at ticket office before 15th Dec. ( quoting ac no )

Non season ticket holders with an AMS membership to apply before 15th Dec ( quoting AMS no )

All remaining unsold tickets will go on general sale from 20th Dec

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
I said it was boring sorry. However for the near hundred who bothered to vote it did back up my view that a lot of season ticket holders do travel to quite a few away games. I wasn't even trying to make a link to getting a Spurs ticket. When Martin Perry was interviewed I thought he was trying to say that giving tickets to STH first would be bad for away fans, thought he was implying that most away fans are not STH and he was wanting to be fair to them. However STH attending at least half of our away games so far have come out on top.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
STH holder and regular away game traveller

only missed 3 away games so far this season

Donny Osmond

Jul 6, 2003
Been to all away and none at home. Got a Spurs ticket. The sysem works.
The most passionate Brighton fans are most deserving of tickets. Passion is difficult to measure.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm afraid I have to own up to be one of those awful STH's

All the homes. Spurs will be my 11th Away!

(Does that make me a bad person?)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Mind you there appears to be 48 of us! (at the moment) :eek:

Donny Osmond

Jul 6, 2003
Only 6 out of 101 go to one or two matches a season.
So I make that??????????????????????10minslaterihopethisisright?????????????????????
326.73245 glory hunters at the match.
Not bad. The club got it right.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Why have you dug this up from a month ago just to go :yawn:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here