Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sorry to be boring but regarding away support.

Who goes away

• STH and attended 6 or more away so far

Votes: 56 49.1%
  • STH goes once or twice away a season

Votes: 15 13.2%
  • Not a STH but has attended 6 or more away so far

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • Goes away once or twice a season not a STH and still got a Spurs ticket

Votes: 7 6.1%

• Total voters

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
I think a lot of season ticket holders go away often and the club underestimates the amount of STH who travel away on a regular basis. But then they do have their records to contradict this. Maybe that is why they don't give STH first go at the tickets. Could also be why Martin Perry was sticking up for the away support on SCR.

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
Goes away once or twice a season not a STH and still got a Spurs ticket.

Doesn't make me any less of a fan than anybody else, I was a STH but couldn't afford to renew it this year.

Bring on Spurs!

STH and attended 6 or more away so far.

In fact Spurs will be my 172nd (ish) consecutive 1st team game and about 85ish away.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Done 9 away so far and missed one home game due to work commitment

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
I've done 10 and not missed a home game, nah, na de mah na.:bounce:

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
Have done 4 away this season, and am not a sth, but still have another 6 or 7 to go to this season. Financial and family commitments restrict anymore.

No Spurs ticket!

None of the above.

There will always be a big difference between away support and STH, for the simple reason of 'exiles'.

So will you moaning twats who get to go to as many home games as you want to please stop whinging about those of us who can't - but get to as many away games as possible. Including cup games.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Not STH and have been to 2 away games so far this season I think (Watford and Crewe) - mainly cos I am in Exeter most of the time and am bloody poor.

And yes I am going to Spurs, because I got off my arse and applied early. I will also be at Sheff Utd, Plymouth, Cardiff and maybe a couple of others if money allows it.

And yes bitter STH PLEASE stop moaning - a season ticket buys you discounted access to 23 home games a season. Nothing more.

I am going to Spurs cos it's easy to get to and should be a great day out. I would probably have gone to our FA cup game regardless of the opposition as its the day before I go back to uni so why should I be made to feel second class and 'not a proper fan' or all that bollocks because I am going to this game?

All you moaning STHs only had to pop down to the ticket office with an application on the Tuesday and you would have got a ticket. I on the other hand had to fork out (not just for this game I must add) to join the AMS and then post my application - costing me more money in the process. People without tickets have only themselves to blame, and its this constant moaning and trying to blame everyone else that could well drive away new fans which we need - not so much now but when we finally get our new ground.

plymouth nige

plymouth nige
Oct 21, 2003
plymouth
All you moaning STHs only had to pop down to the ticket office with an application on the Tuesday and you would have got a ticket..

You are'nt the only one who doe'snt live in Brighton mate, its a bit difficult to pop down to the office from Plymouth!!
---
I on the other hand had to fork out (not just for this game I must add) to join the AMS and then post my application - costing me more money in the process. People without tickets have only themselves to blame, and its this constant moaning and trying to blame everyone else that could well drive away new fans which we need - not so much now but when we finally get our new ground

I've got a ticket (one of the last ones I think) so I was lucky, but I do think that there should be a loyalty scheme of some type, so that people more deserving than you get a ticket
wcnige

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Why is anyone else more deserving than me?

And I'm presuming that you, like me are not a season ticket holder. If you are I take my hat off to you commuting all the way from Plymouth to Withdean but even if you do this makes you no more 'deserving' than me.

Plus if you are, you have ample opportunity to get to the ticket office;)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here