Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sorry Republicans.

Just goes to show that our Royal family is still as popular as ever. People have come from all over the world to join in this day of celebration. GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!
William and Kate are the changing face of The Royals. In touch with modern Britain and much loved.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
First thing you've ever posted that I agree with!

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Everyone's entitled to their view, fair play. Mine's a little different.....

God save the queen
The fascist regime
They made you a moron
Potential H-bomb

God save the queen
She ain't no human being
There is no future
In England's dreaming

Don't be told what you want
Don't be told what you need
There's no future, no future,
No future for you

God save the queen
We mean it man
We love our queen
God saves

God save the queen
'Cause tourists are money
And our figurehead
Is not what she seems

Oh God save history
God save your mad parade
Oh Lord God have mercy
All crimes are paid

When there's no future
How can there be sin
We're the flowers in the dustbin
We're the poison in your human machine
We're the future, your future

God save the queen
We mean it man
We love our queen
God saves

God save the queen
We mean it man
And there is no future
In England's dreaming

No future, no future,
No future for you
No future, no future,
No future for me

No future, no future,
No future for you
No future, no future
For you

Feb 14, 2010
As the royalistsxare so confident then i look forward to a vote on the monarchy at the nrxt general election. I also look forward to decidingvwhat land belongs to the windsirs as against the country. I thinkcthecwindsors may get the viye but lets see shall we or what are the royalists scared of, losing?

Feb 14, 2010
UtAs the royalists are so confident then i look forward to a vote on the monarchy at the nrxt general election. I also look forward to deciding what land belongs to the windsiors as against the country. I think the windsors may get the vote but lets see shall we or what are the royalists scared of, losing? As an aside why do you worship someone born into a job? I like a free market and a meritocracy, as such i just dont get it?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
UtAs the royalists are so confident then i look forward to a vote on the monarchy at the nrxt general election. I also look forward to deciding what land belongs to the windsiors as against the country. I think the windsors may get the vote but lets see shall we or what are the royalists scared of, losing? As an aside why do you worship someone born into a job? I like a free market and a meritocracy, as such i just dont get it?

If you want to pay more tax vote republican, simple as.

So modern Britain is full of millionaires who have never had to strugle for anything in life?

Shit, no wonder so many people want to immigrate there.

You miss my point. William and Kate are the changing face of our Royals. Both have had had jobs that others from outside Royal circles do. Kate comes from a family that is very similar to others in this country. Just because Prince William has not had to work in Tescos or down the mines does not mean to say that he does not know what goes on in the outside world. This young couple could be the saving grace of The Royal Family

Suggest this to your local MP. If it was put to the vote on whether the Royal Family should be abolished, I would suggest that it would be a Land slide in favour of keeping them. I must also point out that Kate comes from a working class family which makes her a working class Girl.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
An excellent show today, something this country is really good at and very well organised. I didn't watch much but avoiding it has been a little difficult and i must admit to having enjoyed the sheer wonder of it all, no one else can do it as good.

But it's got sod all to do with the royals. Apart from the fact that one of the ever expanding brood of unelected parasites was getting married, they had nothing to do with arranging it. An army of civil servants, being paid by us, did all the work and will continue to arrange similar wonderfull events with or without a monarchy.

The pomp and ceremony of state occasions would not change just because we grow up as a society and start to have a say in electing our head of state.

I can't think that even the most blinkered, brainwashed royalist on here doesn't think the royals could do with a bloody good clear out, and getting rid of the stupid amount of property they are given to live in, we are all in this together, so lets see some real savings in the money we give these wealthy tax dodgers.
I would like to see a vote but the royals could not fight it without entering areas of politics that they should not enter so it would be unfair on them, if they go, i think they will simply wither away as an irrelevance.

As the royalistsxare so confident then i look forward to a vote on the monarchy at the nrxt general election. I also look forward to decidingvwhat land belongs to the windsirs as against the country. I thinkcthecwindsors may get the viye but lets see shall we or what are the royalists scared of, losing?

Power to the people Wolfie ya knob.
You and your kind went down in flames today.

oldham gull

Jul 24, 2003
Oldham
Power to the people Wolfie ya knob.
You and your kind went down in flames today.

don't think it changes anything really - just a great excuse to celebrate Britishness without being ashamed. Doesn't mean we all love a democracy with a Monarch. Poor old Wills & Kate will be in their 60's before they get near the throne anyway -the Queen has another 20 years to go before Charles even starts.
My top 3 royal weddings below if you're interested!
Falling With Style

Feb 14, 2010
Amazing how abusive people get. If 5he royals win an election then they have won the argument. Should be a vote on it at every generalcelection. The land issue and who owns what was fudged when the inheritance law was made to apply tocthe windsors a few years ago. That needs sorting asap. As i say, i like the free market and a meritocracy, if you are a fan of people birn into a job thencask yourself why.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The Royals generate far more than they cost. Today alone with have been paid for a thousand times over by increased tourism.

Feb 14, 2010
You dont know that girraffe but even if so then great that is ancargument invfavour but i still want a democratic election. As i say land ownership is thecelephant in the room andcas i ask, why are you a fan ofcsomeone born to a job. Im a free market meritocracy fan myself. Just dontcget this celeb culture. Whatchas someone donecis more interesting to me

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Nice to see London full of people enjoying themselves rather than trying to smash everything up. I think today was a far greater representation of British people than the thugs who seem to think they speak for the majority & hijack every single protest with their mindless cowardly vandalism.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Just goes to show that our Royal family is still as popular as ever. People have come from all over the world to join in this day of celebration. GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!
William and Kate are the changing face of The Royals. In touch with modern Britain and much loved.

Spot on

Million people on the streets of London, street parties all over the place. Day belongs to the Royalists methinks

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
The Royals generate far more than they cost. Today alone with have been paid for a thousand times over by increased tourism.

Maybe so, long legged one.

But how does the local mechanic,for example, with ever increasing costs, get his share of this money spent on bunting to help pay for his staff to have an extra day off?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here