Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Sorry for the indulgence

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Today we said goodbye to our gorgeous Sophie. She had a mastectomy 2 years ago and wasn’t expected to last more than a few weeks.

we had the hardest decision to let her go as her tumours had returned and this weekend she was in a bad way?

you have pets for a short time, but she really was a beautiful mischievous loving cat and I will miss her terribly. Saying goodbye whilst she passed away was the hardest thing I have done for years.
I am absolutely shattered at the moment 😞😞😞
IMG_0797.jpeg

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Today we said goodbye to our gorgeous Sophie. She had a mastectomy 2 years ago and wasn’t expected to last more than a few weeks.

we had the hardest decision to let her go as her tumours had returned and this weekend she was in a bad way?

you have pets for a short time, but she really was a beautiful mischievous loving cat and I will miss her terribly. Saying goodbye whilst she passed away was the hardest thing I have done for years.
View attachment 188688
It's a hard thing to do, but the kindest thing to do.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

View attachment 188688
We lost our cat very suddenly at the start of the year and it devastated us - I don't think we'll ever truly be over it.

Completely understand how you're feeling. Look after yourself and remember you're allowed to feel shattered by it amongst all the other emotions. For me and my partner, we went on lots of walks and made sure we were doing things however small. And don't feel like you can't talk about her with the people you shared her with, however hard; they're the ones who get what you're feeling. Gorgeous photo of Sophie 💙

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington

View attachment 188688
She looks a lovely cat, sorry for your loss.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton

View attachment 188688
Sorry for your loss. I've been there with our old cat. For whatever reason, it seems harder than when a human family member passes, or at least it was for me. I have a 13 year-old dog, Nell, who is suddenly slower and less energetic, and I'm dreading the day when her time comes. Hope you're ok.

Bald Head

Jul 20, 2022
Brighton
Had to have our rescue cat put to sleep a couple of years ago, we only had her for a few months, i cried my eyes out for weeks. We had her cremated and she's with us in a lovely oak box in our lounge, yes it hurts.:confused:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Had to have our rescue cat put to sleep a couple of years ago, we only had her for a few months, i cried my eyes out for weeks. We had her cremated and she's with us in a lovely oak box in our lounge, yes it hurts.:confused:
We have the ashes of three cats in our garden with various plants, which are all growing well.

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
What a beautiful cat, I'm glad she was loved and had a good life in your home. I need to collect some ashes later for my cat who died suddenly and unexpectedly, she hadn't been unwell at all but all of a sudden couldn't breathe and passed away. It is such a devastating loss.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Totally understand your pain. Lost my Golden Retriever, Megan, 18 months ago. It broke me. We had to make the decision as she was very poorly. I feel for you. It's bloody awful.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Pets, dogs and cats, add so much to our lives, and it’s painful when they die. Be comforted that you gave her a good loving home, and your love was reciprocated.
I was struggling with the words so if I may just second this.
People that don’t have pets often “don’t get it”.
others like us certainly do.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

View attachment 188688
Sorry for your loss.
Pets, especially cats become a welcome addition to the family.
Each have their own personalities which is brilliant.
They'll always be our memories and you can be reminded of them anytime, where you can have a quiet chuckle moment to yourself.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here