subs
mayo 5
loft 4
livermore 4
crowd 2
thicky adams and co 0

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Sullivan - 5 - One good save, otherwise very quiet. I thought his kicking was very poor tonight though, with far too many overhit or sent out into touch

Whing - 6 - Solid at left back
Elphick - 5 - Fine in defence, he missed a great chance with a very poor header though
Hinshelwood - 6 - Reliable
Virgo - 6 - Busy in both positions he played

McLeod - 5 - Abysmal first half, slightly better second with some good crosses
Fraser - 5 - Gets unfairly treated by fans, but was not great today
El-Abd - 5 - Didn't ever make an impression on the game
Cox - 4 - Very poor performance

Forster - 6 - I feel very sorry for Forster, still the hardest worker in the team, the only one who really digs out chances. For such an experienced player at high levels, playing with this joke of a team can't be easy
Robinson - 4 - Missed the best chance of the game, a miss which just isn't good enough for a supposed professional. One other good piece of play to create another chance for himself. Otherwise it was clearer than ever that he just isn't good enough

Subs:
Mayo - 6 - Nothing to say really
Loft and Livermore made no impression

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Was I the only one who thought Cox had a fairly good game in comparison to the rest?

Sullivan was poor tonight with regards to managing to kick the ball in the confines of the pitch.:ohmy:

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Was I the only one who thought Cox had a fairly good game in comparison to the rest?

Sullivan was poor tonight with regards to managing to kick the ball in the confines of the pitch.:ohmy:

Cox was 100% effort tonight and did not bottle out of challengers which he sometimes does, other than that he was unable to do much against a poor team on our own patch.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
sully 0 - Shite
whing 0 - Shite
virgo 0 - Shite
hinsh 0 - Shite
elphick 0 - Shite
cox 0 - Shite
fraser 0 - Shite
el abd 0 - Shite
mcleaod 0 - Shite
forster 0 - Shite
robinson 0 - Shite

subs
mayo 0 - Shite
loft 0 - Shite
livermore 0 - Shite
crowd 10 - considering the Shite on display
thicky adams and co 0 - Shite

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Sullivan - 5 - 1 good save, woeful kicking.

Virgo - 6 - One of the few players to look interested.
Elphick - 5 - Too many hoof balls, getting a bit repetative.
Hinsh - 6 - Quiet, looked alright.
Whing - 6 - Looking solid at left back.

Cox - 4 - Turd. Can't take corners, can't cross.
El-Abd - 5 - Didn't see him do much to be honest.
Fraser - 5 - What does he do exactly?
McLeod - 5 - Glimpses of his crossing capabilities early on, faded from there.

Robinson - 4 - Was hoping for much better. Wasted a golden oppurtunity, wasn't really with it.
Forster - 5 - He runs and runs, but not much else (presumably because the service is wank).

Mayo - 5 - Why, just....why?
Loft - N/A - Didn't get long.
Livermore - N/A - Same as Loft.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
adams - 0. long ball tactics, terrible selections. best bit was when he put virgs upfront but then took off the wingers replacing them with central midfielders! outstandingly poor work.

anybody who backs him either doesn't watch the games or knows nothing about football.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I am moved, for the first time, to be vitriolic....... a side who didn't play well and didn't turn up to play... just to escape with pride intact .... that's Luton by the way. And what did we do? Nothing. It was dire and the decisions MA made in the game were beyond abysmal.

OK Robinson was great but he was getting better when MA took him off. Virgo went up front and immediately our attacking ability disappered. Luton deal with slow lumbering forwards week in week out for gods sake!!! And who did we bring on... Mayo?. Who made two nearly game losing mistakes in the first five minutes on the field. It took Forster and Virgo 15 minutes to start playing together by which time the game was gone. The onyl two creative midfielders we had... Birchall didn't even get on and Loft got about 3 mins.

The team was OK the tactics were dreadful and the confidence was nil.

If we are not up for a game like Luton... how confident can we be about Saturday?

I am finally moved off from the fence and for the first timne in my life I am supporting the sacking of a manager. MA, its time to go.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Sullivan -5- Rubbish Kicking

Virgo -6-
Elphick -6- Solid in defence, distribution poor
Hinsh -6- Defended well
Whing -7MOM- Played well in both positions

Cox -6- Decent performance
El-Abd -5- Poor
Fraser -4- Crap. Lost count of the number of times hehit a pass with the outside of his boot that went totally the wrong direction
McLeod -6- Found space, but failed to deliver

Robinson -5- Missed a sitter
Forster -5- Only time we looked dangerous was when the ball was played to his feet, so shame that most of the time it was the same old hoofball.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Sully - 6 - one good save and that was from an off-side player. Literally nothing to do.
Whing - 5/6 - not bad at times but hardly under pressure. Got worse as the game went on. these are the matches where he should be getting forward to help the midfield press but of course he didn't.
Virgo - 6 - looked distinctly better than most on the pitch. new Micky tactic seen today - play him in ever position on the park DURING one game rather than during a season.
Hinsh - 5 - seems solid again but never under real pressure. Got the mis-pass bug in the second half. Rather have him than Hawkins.
Elphick 6/7 - bossed the defence well prone to lumping the ball forwards but on instructions from the Manager I think. Glad we have him.
Cox - 5 - very brief flashes of his skill as second half began. A lot of chasing down in the first. Sadly that was it. So damn frustrating.
Fraser - 5/6 - not nearly as bad as some people are making out. If it's possible he was having a 7/10 games at the same time as a 4/10 match. Some great tackling and the odd really nice touches laced with some shocking positional play and missed passes.
El Abd - 4 - maybe, just maybe it's time to move on. I've always liked him and forgiven the lack of pace and vision because he felt like a good squad player, but if he can't step up against a poor Tier Four team, maybe it's time to give someone else a go.
McLeod - 5 - you bastard McLeod! Your performance summed up the game for me. The odd touch that was clearly a class above the opposition (one sublime cross in the first half) and then you go invisible. You're a good player, we need you. Give a toss (and get fit) ffs.
Forster - 7 - Vocal captain, ran himself into the floor, did his best but if he is winning the headers for the knockdowns from the inevitable long balls, who is picking them up. Did everything you could have asked of him given the (lack of) tactics.
Robinson - 5 - What an opportunity for him to get back on the team sheet. Poor oppo sitting back. He should have been tearing them apart. No idea how he missed the open goal after 15 minutes. Flashes of skill getting fewer and further apart. A lost cause for me now.

subs
Mayo - 5 - great to see him. Would be better to see him at book signing rather than withdean. A metaphor for the problems we face. Love the man - legend - but why are we being forced to play him?
Loft - 4 - wtf. Micky Adams - go now. You have made your own case for leaving.
Livermore - ? - he came on and I can't recall seeing him at all. Why did we not bring on a goal threat?

Crowd - 9 - 6000 turned up. We needed a hug.

Micky Adams - can't give him a score. He did nothing other than get to the bench late in both halves which tells it's own story.
Dean White - you're wasting oxygen - get lost.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Sully - 6 - one good save and that was from an off-side player. Literally nothing to do.
Whing - 5/6 - not bad at times but hardly under pressure. Got worse as the game went on. these are the matches where he should be getting forward to help the midfield press but of course he didn't.
Virgo - 6 - looked distinctly better than most on the pitch. new Micky tactic seen today - play him in ever position on the park DURING one game rather than during a season.
Hinsh - 5 - seems solid again but never under real pressure. Got the mis-pass bug in the second half. Rather have him than Hawkins.
Elphick 6/7 - bossed the defence well prone to lumping the ball forwards but on instructions from the Manager I think. Glad we have him.
Cox - 5 - very brief flashes of his skill as second half began. A lot of chasing down in the first. Sadly that was it. So damn frustrating.
Fraser - 5/6 - not nearly as bad as some people are making out. If it's possible he was having a 7/10 games at the same time as a 4/10 match. Some great tackling and the odd really nice touches laced with some shocking positional play and missed passes.
El Abd - 4 - maybe, just maybe it's time to move on. I've always liked him and forgiven the lack of pace and vision because he felt like a good squad player, but if he can't step up against a poor Tier Four team, maybe it's time to give someone else a go.
McLeod - 5 - you bastard McLeod! Your performance summed up the game for me. The odd touch that was clearly a class above the opposition (one sublime cross in the first half) and then you go invisible. You're a good player, we need you. Give a toss (and get fit) ffs.
Forster - 7 - Vocal captain, ran himself into the floor, did his best but if he is winning the headers for the knockdowns from the inevitable long balls, who is picking them up. Did everything you could have asked of him given the (lack of) tactics.
Robinson - 5 - What an opportunity for him to get back on the team sheet. Poor oppo sitting back. He should have been tearing them apart. No idea how he missed the open goal after 15 minutes. Flashes of skill getting fewer and further apart. A lost cause for me now.

subs
Mayo - 5 - great to see him. Would be better to see him at book signing rather than withdean. A metaphor for the problems we face. Love the man - legend - but why are we being forced to play him?
Loft - 4 - wtf. Micky Adams - go now. You have made your own case for leaving.
Livermore - ? - he came on and I can't recall seeing him at all. Why did we not bring on a goal threat?

Crowd - 9 - 6000 turned up. We needed a hug.

Micky Adams - can't give him a score. He did nothing other than get to the bench late in both halves which tells it's own story.
Dean White - you're wasting oxygen - get lost.

Very good ratings. I think I actually agree with your ratings more than my own on reflection. Although I don't know what you have against Loft. I'd also forgotten that Sully's save was from an offside player anyway!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cox was 100% effort tonight and did not bottle out of challengers

Just goes to show you what a sometime pointless statistic effort it. For all of his 100% effort he achieved zilch.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Virgo - 6 - looked distinctly better than most on the pitch. new Micky tactic seen today - play him in every position on the park DURING one game rather than during a season.

Am i missing something? That is a NEW tactic from Micky?:lolol:

24/09/08

Jan 19, 2009
BN1
Sullivan - 5.5
Whing - 6.5
Virgo - 6
Elphick - 6
Hinsh - 5
Cox - 3
McLeod - 6
Fraser - 4
El-Abd - 5.5
Forster - 6
Robinson - 5.5

Mayo - 5
Livermore - 5
Loft - 5 (Didn't have sufficent time to display)

Crowd - 6 (Good turn out for JPT)

Adams changes and management - -10:mad:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here