Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sorry but a load of questions/thoughts

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
1. When do you anticipate opening the doors pre-match? I've been to a number of amount of new stadiums and they appear to open the gates earlier. This certainly benefits grounds built in out of town areas because of the captive audience thus selling more refreshments prior to the game, instead of lining over peoples pockets.

2. As mentioned in previous threads please, please provide real ale (bright is easy) as I for one would certainly arrive early to have my pre-match drink in the ground instead of looking for a pub.

3. Having been to the new Wembley etc, whereas the concourse areas are ok the main things they appear to have missed is, bins (Wembley just tie bin bags to the railings, very poor) and more frustratingly there is no where to balance/place your drink (tea/coffee/beer). At pride park they have installed shelving (only 8 inches or so wide) on all the walls opposite the catering areas. This is great because you don't have to juggle bags/programmes whilst trying to drink/eat. Can we have the same?

4. Is there going to be a family area? Or perhaps adopted throughout where children can go. Areas designated in the concourse areas for children with low level seating perhaps fenced (low level) where kids can sit and enjoy pre-match grub/drink in a relatively safe environment. I say this because we need to entice families and a family friendly atmosphere also remembering when I was young you spent most of your time inside stands looking at peoples mid-drifts! Parents would be happy if they could place their kids in such an area still being able to see them but out of harms way.

5. Going on from the kids area idea, how about a kids themed outlet, i.e sweety shop, young seagulls shop etc. within the concourse area?

6. As mentioned I seen a many new stadiums and one thing that seems really lacking in a lot is thought to the ambiance of the concourse areas. Many use the long run of area to place unsightly ducting etc etc this especially the case at Cardiff. Whereas at Middlesbrough they have covered all this in leaving a pleasant area and one which attracts people. Small point but they have loads of televisions and it just gives out a really impressive feel to the place.

7. Again at Middlesbrough they have ducted heating to the concourse areas, again this means that people are happy to arrive earlier and keep warm prior to taking their seat. Have you thought about something similar?

8. Finally are you laying one of these new type playing surfaces encompassing the plastic fibres into the grass? This really does seem to keep the pitch in a better condition.

Project Office

Aug 21, 2009
1. At the moment we are looking to open turnstiles at 2 hours before kick off and leaving the concourses open for one hour after the end of the game.

2. The Catering Tender asks for the caterer to supply real ale and give suggestions for guest beer promotions at one of the kiosks in each stand.

3. The waste bin issue is sometimes one of security. Wembley have the see through waste sacks so that stewards can see what is placed inside them. At the moment we are planning for bins with hopefully green bins as well as general rubbish. The plans have always shown shelves within the concourses.

4. There will be a family stand area, probably in the east stand. If you have been in the family stand area at Withdean you will have noticed some different decorations, in the form of graffiti. The same theme of designing concourses specifically for the kids will go to the CS. We are currently looking at how we might accommodate the food and drink offer for the family area. We are asking the caterers in the tenders to give examples of ‘meal deals’ and ‘healthy eating options’.

5. We began trialling this in the family area at Withdean at the end of last season with candy floss, ice cream and sweet packages. We expect the same to be on offer at the CS.

6. We mentioned the concourses during another question, but we believe that the ambience of the concourses will be the major feature of the CS. Entry will be through half height turnstiles rather than ‘upturned coffins’; the concourse areas will all be rendered rather than open block work; each stand is being interior designed with different themes and colours and there will be almost nowhere where you will not be able to see a TV. We believe that this area of the stadium will be seen as the blueprint for all future stadia.

7. We have thought about it but our mechanical and electrical engineers do not think it will be necessary; in fact it may make them too hot.

8. Yes

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Many thanks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here