Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sorry another Vicente thread

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Saw him at the virgin gym today and it is true, he has no English at all.

Through sign language, we communicated that he is fit and looks to be raring to go.

He has a Spanish traininer with him, this bloke was working very hard on his hip and lower back, so it appears that is where the problem lies. I know we have to do some pretty strenuous things in Pilates , but he was yanking his hip into some really strange positions...if he wasn't fit, I was sure it would break off.

I do hope he gets a chance as he does appear a really nice guy.and working extremely hard.....some bloke who he didn't know was exercising next to him, again getting in some interesting position and he tapped him on the shoulder, big grin and thumbs up to him.

I still think he will be so beneficial to our midfield and hope his hard work will pay off for us.

:moo:

Through sign language, we communicated that he is fit and looks to be raring to go.

He has a Spanish traininer with him, this bloke was working very hard on his hip and lower back, so it appears that is where the problem lies. I know we have to do some pretty strenuous things in Pilates , but he was yanking his hip into some really strange positions...if he wasn't fit, I was sure it would break off.

I do hope he gets a chance as he does appear a really nice guy.and working extremely hard.....some bloke who he didn't know was exercising next to him, again getting in some interesting position and he tapped him on the shoulder, big grin and thumbs up to him.

I still think he will be so beneficial to our midfield and hope his hard work will pay off for us.

I thought he had been having English lessons since he joined - didn't he even say hello or goodbye ?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Good post, here's hoping we see him soon even if he is just training the boys will be picking up so much from him. But like everyone else, would love to see him on the Falmer pitch.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
I hope your right. I still think he could be the real difference to an unbelievable finish to our season. Hopefully he will be unleashed against the toon on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I don't care what people say on this site. I love Vicente and I hope to see him play for us soon

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
I'm 43 and Vicente made me as excited as a small boy completing his panini sticker collection whilst marvelling at the power of his ZX Spectrum! However I have been bitterly disappointed with his lack of match action to date but am still holding out hope he will be integral to our final part of the season. I think he will be involved against Newcastle as that is a perfect game for him to get back playing. My ideal scenario is that he plays a good portion of the game and then plays a key role against Palace as his skill and trickery confounds the pikeys and we play them off the park. Please Jim fix this for me!?!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Good post, thanks.

Makes a refreshing change from all those posters "sick note" and "waste of 15K/20K/25K/etc." mindless, boring jibes

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

Worrying that he has not learnt the lingo, i worked in Germany years ago and after 6 months could hold a good conversation with the locals without tuition.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We need him fit to score the winner against the SCUM in 9 days time

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
i was talking to a barmaid at my local pub and i have forgotton her name, im gutted as was going to look her up on FB tonight as agreed but cant remember her surname......

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Some people living in Bradford, Southall, Greenford,Blackburn and Croydon have lived here all their lives and still have not learned to speak English

Oh dear, have a lie down Hugo old chap

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
JC, I wish peops would stop getting on his back.

Whatever the deal and the circumstances, he is a fantastic player and, in small cameos, has shown that.

He was ready to come on v Bristol City but, with injuries to outfield players, there was no way he could have been given the nod given the GK situation.

Please Albion fans, get off his back ! We will, I am sure, see some further brilliance from this guy.

Last edited:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Nice to read. It always pains me to see the intellectually dim swinging their broadsides against a man who is more than likely trying his best and simply wants to play the game he loves. He's got the talent to do wonders for us, has Vicente, and it's a delight, in my mind at least, for that potential hero in a bobblehat to be wearing blue and white, so the anuses that badmouth him and dream of his earnings and how much they're deserved i have very little time or respect for. If we get him confident and in good shape then that man should tear oppositions apart and i cannae wait to watch it all happen. At first thought i want the swipers and slaggers to have to embarrassingly eat their own words, but such dimwittish sorts generally fail to learn, so it's best just to wish him the wellest and revel in his ability when on display.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Worrying that he has not learnt the lingo, i worked in Germany years ago and after 6 months could hold a good conversation with the locals without tuition.

There's always the flip side of the coin! I lived in France for nearly a decade, and I'm absolutely shocking at French still !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here