Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sony Walkman

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
MYOB said:
If you had to fix at LEAST five of the fuckers every month when friends/colleagues/etc bring them in saying "you know about mp3 players, my iPod has stopped working" like I do, you'd want the f***ing things banned. :angry: :angry:

At this stage I think I've probably had to send about 40 of them back to Apple for people, as well as reformat loads of older ones where the HDD is starting to do a bit dicky and give CRC errors. They have the least reliable batteries, hard drives, chargers, software and firmware possible.

In that entire time, I've had one person ask me to "take a look" at a blackened Creative Zen where they'd attempted to charge it with their Blackberry charger. Creative replaced it for some reason.

Well aren't they just SHIT.

Of course the fact that the 2 I've owned have been fine for years and the fact that I've never heard of any of my friend's iPods having any serious problems means nothing.

You're a fanboy adn you don't like Apple, it's as simple as that.

If the iPod was a truly awful bit of kit, they wouldn't be the market leader in mp3 players. That must really grate on you. Damn them market forces.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
DJ Leon said:
Well aren't they just SHIT.

Of course the fact that the 2 I've owned have been fine for years and the fact that I've never heard of any of my friend's iPods having any serious problems means nothing.

You're a fanboy adn you don't like Apple, it's as simple as that.

If the iPod was a truly awful bit of kit, they wouldn't be the market leader in mp3 players. That must really grate on you. Damn them market forces.

Mine got frozen in peru and still worked, unlike my groin for days

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Windows is a truely awful OS, its the market leader. Vauxhall make some truely awful cars yet they're currently the biggest seller in the UK are they not. And so on. Being the highest seller usually means you have the product thats brainwashed the most people, not that you're the best.

Oh, and why have you had two, may I ask? First one die for some reason?

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
MYOB said:
Windows is a truely awful OS, its the market leader. Vauxhall make some truely awful cars yet they're currently the biggest seller in the UK are they not. And so on. Being the highest seller usually means you have the product thats brainwashed the most people, not that you're the best.

Oh, and why have you had two, may I ask? First one die for some reason?

You see that's the point. Windows is not a truly awful OS, there may be better, but it's not truly awful. There are better car manufacturers than Vauxhall, but Vauxhall make decent enough cars. (I'll ignore the fact that Vauxhall are in no way the biggest seller in the UK). You may not think Ipod are the best, but according to you, they're DIRE. This is simply not true and you're painting a distorted picture of things.

RE: the second iPod - no it didn't die. I upgraded. They keep bringing out improved versions of the damn things. I believe upgrading is quite popular.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
like a boring record, boring zzzz

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
DJ Leon said:
You see that's the point. Windows is not a truly awful OS, there may be better, but it's not truly awful. There are better car manufacturers than Vauxhall, but Vauxhall make decent enough cars. (I'll ignore the fact that Vauxhall are in no way the biggest seller in the UK). You may not think Ipod are the best, but according to you, they're DIRE. This is simply not true and you're painting a distorted picture of things.

RE: the second iPod - no it didn't die. I upgraded. They keep bringing out improved versions of the damn things. I believe upgrading is quite popular.

You're failing to see the point you're attempting to make, nice.

There are far, far worse makers of personal audio hardware than Apple (Cowon, for one, as well as most of the nobranders you get in Aldi, etc); Apple are the barely acceptable level of quality and are the most popular. Same goes for Microsoft - they make a product thats barely usable, quality wise, and get ~94% share from it.

I can't see any improvement in recent models, other than making them more appealing to the vapid. In particular, in their desperate attempts to make the most pointlessly shiney hardware possible, they've got players that appear to be made out of butter.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Microsoft is unusable, eh? :thud:

On that note, I can't see much point in continuing to argue. The world thinks one thing, MYOB thinks another. Have you ever considered, that to some degree, you're wrong?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Kinky Gerbils said:
I tunes is a bit crafty tho - if you rip a cd using it you can only send the music to an ipod.

Thats not true. I rip my CDs using i-tunes and I haven't got an ipod. You just have to select MP3 as the file type for created tracks rather than the default Apple file type.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My current top three gadgets:

sony_1.jpg

garmin_etrex_vista_cx_handheld.jpg

and, of course:

ipod%20video.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here