Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Songs that sound the same as each other

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
:facepalm:... you must really hate oasis...

Not really. Inoffensive. Yes. Overrated. Yes. Would I get up and turn off the radio if an Oasis song came on? No. I leave that honour for X-Factor entrants and soundalikes and their blandly warbling ilk.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Not really. Inoffensive. Yes. Overrated. Yes. Would I get up and turn off the radio if an Oasis song came on? No. I leave that honour for X-Factor entrants and soundalikes and their blandly warbling ilk.

Once again, I agree. They just do nothing for me (good or bad) so consequently they just sound all a bit samey. With regard to finding music objectionable enough to turning it off I'd say definitely most modern R&B, most bling bling bitches guns rap and just about any song with vocoder in it. Vocoder is my kryptonite. I hate it with a passion.

I think what bothers me most about Noel G is his abuse of the English language...."Standing on the Shoulder of Giants" ...Christ, that irritates me. Another one is that tune he did with the Chemical Brothers. It's either "How does it feel" or "What does it feel like". It's not (as Mr G puts it) "...how does it feel like...".

(Don't get me started on the lyrics to Destiny's Child's Independent Woman.)

D

Deleted member 18477

best band in the world? yes. overated? have a day off. if they came on the radio? i'd crank that son bitch right up! WHATS THE STORYYYYYY MORNINGGGG GLORYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
The Coldplay one about ruling the world and Computer Love by Kraftwerk

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Oh...and one that I was listening to only this morning...

Oh , yeah...and Tone Loc's follow up to Funky Cold Medina was Wild Thing.....and, in my humble opinion, it's exactly the same tune recycled.

....and if we are going down hat road then Chubby Checker's entire catalogue is basically the same frigging tune re-worked.

Continuing down that road, the worst case of a group putting together two songs that sound identical has to be a battle between:

Rednex

[yt]ddgyg_5FF_0[/yt]

[yt]0OgMVNQ5hG0[/yt]

and...

The Big Pink

[yt]OGnNlQ-KNv4[/yt]

[yt]wPmkk_W11oM[/yt]

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wire - Three Girl Rhumba and that Elastica Song. It is really really obvious as well. No wonder they got taken to court. They also nicked some stuff from a Stranglers song.

There's a Strokes song called Razorblade which rips off the chorus to Mandy as well.

Yep there was a lot of controversy about that at the time Harrison's song was released. Don't know if it went to the courts for plagiarism though..

Rumour has it that the judge who declared George had plagiarized The Chiffons actually commented to George "I preferred My Sweet Lord".

I heard also, that the wonderful US tax department IRS held the funds intended for Bangla Desh for some kind of inspection, and for a matter of years!
The money was supposed to help the victims of flood, disease and famine - and some numbers of millions of them died while the funds that were meant to help to aid them was held up. The figures of the dead were comparable to the number of people killed in WWII apparently, so a big example from them as to their lack of empathy if you want to mess with their department.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here