Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Songs that remind you of away game trips.

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
Rambo said:

Round Round - Sugababes - Burnley (last season)

SnAP!!! i cant listen to that song without thinking of that trip!!

Tom Hark - Wycome

And to many to metnion this season!!

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
I think I speak for jonnyboylennon, chappers, trotster, Soton Seagull, Mr C and others when I say:

Seven Nation Army, White Stripes.

:clap2:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Artois said:
I think I speak for jonnyboylennon, chappers, trotster, Soton Seagull, Mr C and others when I say:

Seven Nation Army, White Stripes.

:clap2:

DUUURRRRR DUR DUR DU DU DUUURRR DURRRRRRRRR

DUUURRRRR DUR DUR DU DU DUURR DUR DUR DUURRRRRRRRR

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Vs Walsall last season, Fly Me to the Moon - Sinatra

The reason behind this was due to a group of very drunk Albion fans travelling on the same train who were trying to make up a new song using Sinatra's classic as the base theme.. I think they got as far as this.

Fly Me to the Moon,
And let me play amongst the stars,
Let me stick my penis up your big fat hairy arse,
In other words it was me, (they point at themselves)
In other words it could be you, (they point at each other)

I remember some old bird complained to the guard who threatened to throw them off.. Only thing was that the next stop was Birmingham and we had to change there anyway. Needless to say the guard got a load of stick from these guys all the way to Birmingham and this song was sung over and over. :lol:

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
All i want for christmas is you - tranmere away this season and true by spandaau ballet for oldham this season too.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
The Riverboat Song by Ocean Colour Scene stands out for me, the reason, well let me explain.

In the dark days at Gillingham the group I travelled with who I will not name - apart from Trigger who put in a couple of appearences with us - used to stay over-night the day before an away game. This meant we were always in the local area very early.

What we then used to do was find the local Focus DIY and park up in the car park. Two of the group would get a shopping trolley and merrily walk the around filling it up with all sorts of goods. Whilst this was happening myself and the other member of the group would wander through the shop placing "Boycott Focus DIY" stickers everywhere we could. When the other 2 were nearing the check-out we made our way out of the shop and back to the car. After having all their goods scanned by the check-out assistant they pulled the "I am sorry but we have left the wallet in the car" line and then both left the shop and pegged it back to the car. As we sped out of the car-park not only were we pissing ourselves laughing we also used to put on "The Riverboat Song" which became our "getaway" music.

This was done on quite a few occasions and it was ace.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Lisbon-Worthing BHA

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Sea said:
Cardiff in the evening dancing to Queen Dont stop me now

ah yes, nearly bought a tear to my eye that song, possibly the best song every and was with a load of mates, we'd just won the play of final and we were in a forgeign land

other songs

blackpool away - elton john - are you ready
wrexham away - anything from the CHEEEEEESEY album, build me up buttercup for one
ipswich away - tom hark, when we ripped it out of the home fans

best of all when they played sussex by the sea at the millennium stadium

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Whenever I go to away games by train just as we approach the station I blast out of the mini-disc player "Where the streets have no name" by U2.

Gets me just in the right mood for the pre-match drinkies

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Thimble Keegan said:
The Riverboat Song by Ocean Colour Scene stands out for me, the reason, well let me explain.

In the dark days at Gillingham the group I travelled with who I will not name - apart from Trigger who put in a couple of appearences with us - used to stay over-night the day before an away game. This meant we were always in the local area very early.

What we then used to do was find the local Focus DIY and park up in the car park. Two of the group would get a shopping trolley and merrily walk the around filling it up with all sorts of goods. Whilst this was happening myself and the other member of the group would wander through the shop placing "Boycott Focus DIY" stickers everywhere we could. When the other 2 were nearing the check-out we made our way out of the shop and back to the car. After having all their goods scanned by the check-out assistant they pulled the "I am sorry but we have left the wallet in the car" line and then both left the shop and pegged it back to the car. As we sped out of the car-park not only were we pissing ourselves laughing we also used to put on "The Riverboat Song" which became our "getaway" music.

This was done on quite a few occasions and it was ace.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Lisbon-Worthing BHA
:lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here