Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Songs that bring back nostalgia – Goldstone related.

D

Deleted member 2719

Does anyone else have weird moments when they go into Goldstone mode.

I'll explain i was driving through Horsham the other day and suddenly GOSBTS started playing in my ears and all i could do was picture the Goldstone the atmosphere and it seem to sound just like the crackerling version through the old PA system.

I just had this big smile but sad feeling - weird.

I think i have been brainwashed through subliminal messages!!

:ohmy:

mindyjaja

May 9, 2004
The tune that I recall most from the Goldstone is Going Loco Down In Acapulco by the four tops, also whenever I smell cigar smoke that also takes me back to the days of the Goldstone.

Buggered if I know why though !!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
They always used to play Paperback Writer & Copacabana at the Goldstone...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
mindyjaja said:
The tune that I recall most from the Goldstone is Going Loco Down In Acapulco by the four tops, also whenever I smell cigar smoke that also takes me back to the days of the Goldstone.

Buggered if I know why though !!

I'm with you on the cigar smoke, does exactly the same for me. Think it was a West/South Stand smell.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
seagullion said:
dont remember what it was called but it used to go 'no no no no no no no no no no no no no no' then we used to sing 'nogan'
Same for me:clap: No Goals Nogan

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I want to track down that weird instrumental they used to play just before the teams came out (and no, I don't mean Sussex by the Sea). It always used to get me well excited but I never found out what it was.

Thinking the very same thing...

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
I seem to remember that long after the final whistle at the Doncaster game, a song called the Last Farewell being played through the tannoy. Whenever I hear that it always brings back memories of the old ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here